Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Babiak Paul Babiak is offline

Default Electro-Voice 667A repair

Is anyone still repairing these mic's?
I have dis-assembled it far enough to see that a voice coil wire is
broken just before it is routed down a hole. The broken end in the hole
is not visible. I don't want to go any further. I would appreciated
being pointed in the direction of anyone doing repairs, preferably in
Canada. Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Paul Babiak wrote:
Is anyone still repairing these mic's?
I have dis-assembled it far enough to see that a voice coil wire is
broken just before it is routed down a hole. The broken end in the hole
is not visible. I don't want to go any further. I would appreciated
being pointed in the direction of anyone doing repairs, preferably in
Canada. Thanks.

The microphone is actually a 666. The magic box makes it part of a 667
system.

I would talk to Douglas Walker of Walker Microphones in Ontario. I don't
think he does dynamics, but he will know who does if anyone in Canada does.

Those elements were never designed to be repaired, they were just intended
for replacement, but EV hasn't had replacements for 25 years now. When
the wire breaks in one place, it's probably apt to break in another one,
which makes working on them a nightmare.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 06/06/2014 11:24 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Paul Babiak wrote:
Is anyone still repairing these mic's?
I have dis-assembled it far enough to see that a voice coil wire is
broken just before it is routed down a hole. The broken end in the hole
is not visible. I don't want to go any further. I would appreciated
being pointed in the direction of anyone doing repairs, preferably in
Canada. Thanks.

The microphone is actually a 666. The magic box makes it part of a 667
system.

I would talk to Douglas Walker of Walker Microphones in Ontario. I don't
think he does dynamics, but he will know who does if anyone in Canada does.

Those elements were never designed to be repaired, they were just intended
for replacement, but EV hasn't had replacements for 25 years now. When
the wire breaks in one place, it's probably apt to break in another one,
which makes working on them a nightmare.
--scott

Thanks Scott. I actually know Doug and will give him a call.
Paul

Electro-Voice 664 Cardioid Mic Mark Hicks Pro Audio 18 July 16th 14 01:48 PM
Electro-Voice JAS Marketplace 0 August 29th 06 09:11 PM
Electro Voice Patrician PanHandler Tech 0 October 18th 05 03:40 PM
FA: Electro Voice Omni Mic Rick Ruskin Marketplace 0 January 19th 04 05:22 PM
Electro-Voice RE-20 mic Question??? nova Pro Audio 9 July 10th 03 09:37 PM