Posted to rec.audio.high-end
nebulax nebulax is offline

Default Cleaning a felt turntable mat

I have a felt mat from a Rega turntable that hasn't been used in
awhile, and consequently it's gotten a bit dusty. Would it be safe to
hand wash the mat in the sink, or would I be better off just doing
something like vacuuming the dust off?

Thanks,
-Neb
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
dvd.moviefan dvd.moviefan is offline

On Nov 17, 12:58 am, nebulax wrote:
I have a felt mat from a Rega turntable that hasn't been used in
awhile, and consequently it's gotten a bit dusty. Would it be safe to
hand wash the mat in the sink, or would I be better off just doing
something like vacuuming the dust off?

Thanks,
-Neb

Washing will f@ck it up, just vacuum clean it (optionally wrap a cloth
around the vacuum's nozzle
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

I have replaced the felt mat on my Linn with one made from suede.
I just went to the local craft shop and bought a piece of suede that was
the same thickness, flexibility, and had the same surface texture as the
original felt.
This had been suggested by a friend, and like him, I prefer the sound of
the suede.
Not only is it more rugged and easily cleanable, it seems to generate
less static and stays put when removing LP's from the platter.
Greg