Kenny Takakawa

Default No sound from cd player

First, I am not a genius with car audio stuff. Here's my problem. I
bought a Clarion DXZ835MP (plays MP3 files) and hooked it up to my '94
Camaro with a Premiere Bose system as they call it. I believe it is a
3 or 4 speaker system. I think I connected the wires for the adapter
connector correctly. I can get sound from the radio just fine, but I
have no sound from the CD player. You can see the tracks playing, but
still no sound. I used CDs that played just fine in my factory Bose
deck. I even got the head unit exchanged, but the problem is the same.
I also have two different wire connectors, but the problem is the same
on both. I have no power amp and everything else is stock. I hope
someone has ideas because I'm fresh out. Thanks in advance.
Bill Pallies

I used to have a '94 Corvette that also had the Bose system, so I assume
they used the same components in your car as they did in mine. If that's the
case, there should be some sort of outboard amplifier. Mine had an amp at
each speaker, and also a receiver mounted behind the passenger seat. Could
it be that the power antenna lead from your headunit is connected to the amp
turn-on lead? That way, when the radio is playing, the antenna lead is
powered and thus the amps are too, whereas when the CD is playing, the
antenna lead would not be powered and thus no sound.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I had the same problem 4 days ago
(actually, I have this problem *every* time I install a new headunit :-)
Anyways, try reversing these two wires (Power antenna and amplifier turn-on)
and... ahem...bickety-bam! your CD should work.

-Bill

"Kenny Takakawa" wrote in message
om...
First, I am not a genius with car audio stuff. Here's my problem. I
bought a Clarion DXZ835MP (plays MP3 files) and hooked it up to my '94
Camaro with a Premiere Bose system as they call it. I believe it is a
3 or 4 speaker system. I think I connected the wires for the adapter
connector correctly. I can get sound from the radio just fine, but I
have no sound from the CD player. You can see the tracks playing, but
still no sound. I used CDs that played just fine in my factory Bose
deck. I even got the head unit exchanged, but the problem is the same.
I also have two different wire connectors, but the problem is the same
on both. I have no power amp and everything else is stock. I hope
someone has ideas because I'm fresh out. Thanks in advance.

Kenny Takakawa

I will try that. Thank you for the suggestion!
Kenny Takakawa

It worked! Thank you. When I looked at the wires, the Clarion harness
had a blue wire (auto antenna) connected to the blue wire (power
antenna) of the interface adapter, but the blue/white wire (amplifier
turn-on) of the clarion harness wasn't connected. There wasn't a
matching wire to connect it to so I hadn't connect it. I connected
that blue/white of the Clarion harness to the blue wire (power
antenna) of the interface adapter. Badda Bing! There was sound from
the CD player. Your insight led to the answer. You da man Bill. Thanks
again!