W. Williams

Default Best online shop?

Hi Anthony

Have you tried Tuerk(011-792 8402)? ST Audio now falls under ESI and Tuerk
are the distributors in SA. You could also check out one of the the WaMi
Rack models or, if you are not in a great hurry, you could wait for their
new FireWire cards based on these (the OCTA-Fire has 4 in/4 out midi). They
should let you demo a couple of units, so you can decide which is best for
you.

Personally, I find that South African pricing tends to be a bit out of
whack, so you will get better value for money buying from the US or UK, but
will not be able to try before you buy and will also have more difficulty
exchanging a product if it is faulty (one word - CUSTOMS). So, if you are
aware of the potential pitfalls and still want to buy internationally, you
could try:

USA
Luis Acosta ) at Full Compass -
http://www.fullcompass.com
Bayview Pro Audio - http://www.bayviewproaudio.com

We have purchased from both of the above without any hitches.

UK
Turnkey - http://www.turmkey.co.uk

I've just placed an order with them, so I cannot say much except that they
answer e-mails, accept credit cards and ship internationally via UPS.

I also found that quite often it works out substantially cheaper to use your
own courier and have them collect the parcel, so whether the company ships
internationally should not really be an issue. However, very few companies
accept credit cards (by far the cheapest method of payment) from South
Africa. Funny enough, many of these DO accept credit card payment from
countries such as Nigeria and Zimbabwe - go figure!!

Hope I've been of some assistance.

"anthony.gosnell" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone who commented on my dillemma of which card to buy.

I've decided to go for the ST-audio C-port because it has a breakout box

and
an extra Midi out.

Nobody is importing this card into South Africa so I would like

suggestions
on online shops prepared to ship internationally.

Thanks in Advance

--
Anthony Gosnell

to reply remove nospam.

ONLINE CAR STEREO SHOP sam General 12 November 26th 03 01:03 PM
ONLINE CAR STEREO SHOP sam Car Audio 0 November 21st 03 11:52 AM
ONLINE CAR STEREO SHOP sam Car Audio 1 November 20th 03 12:04 AM
NEW ONLINE CAR STEREO SHOP [email protected] General 0 November 5th 03 01:04 AM
NEW ONLINE CAR STEREO SHOP [email protected] Car Audio 0 November 5th 03 12:52 AM