Chris Forsyth

Default Keyboard to Firepod - Stupid Connection Question?

Had the delta66 - used to use a stereo "input" cable, with a 1/4" TRS end
into a stereo aux input on the Omni, and the other end of the cable was two
1/4" TS plugs - which went into the R & L out on the Yamaha Motif ES. Just
installed the Firepod. The Stereo Cable thing doesnt work right - and I am
assuming that the line inputs on the Firepod are not "stereo inputs" like
the delta omni had .... does this assumption sound correct? Anyway, I am
also assuming that I now need to run two separate cables from the R & L outs
on the Motif to two separate line in's on the Firepod to get the effect that
stereo sounds will have on the motif - does this sound correct??

Regards,

Chris Forsyth

Ricky W. Hunt

"Chris Forsyth" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Chris, are you talking about the ports on the front? If so, yes, they are
mono so you'll have to run a two separate cables one from the Left Out to
In1 for example and another from the Right Out to In2 on the Firepod. You'll
probably also have to hard pan them in software also to get the spread
right.