Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Another lie exposed

Guess what Sean Olive had to say about Ludovic's remarks?

The inescapable conclusion from Sean Olive's loudspeaker testing is
that human beings perform best when asked: "Which one do you like
better?" rather than "Is A different from B".

Based on my work, this conclusion is completely false since for loudspeaker
tests, I rarely ask listeners the question "Is A different than B"?" In
most cases, the differences between the loudspeakers under test are
measurable (both objective and subjective)and therefore the more interesting
question for me is "Which speaker do they prefer, by how much, and why?"

If listeners can demonstrate clear preferences between A and B in
double-blind tests, then by inference, they can clearly differentiate
audible differences between A and B.

The preson making the above statement also concludes that your tests on
speakers revealed that people were not able to distinguish better quality
speakers from lesser ones when doing so blind

This is not true. In fact, quite the contrary,. Listeners both trained and
untrained can discriminate between good and bad speakers in blind tests so
long as they have normal hearing. Furthermore, there is remarkable
agreement in their loudspeaker preferences. The trained listeners are
simply more discriminating and reliable in their judgments.

My research is being misrepresented by this person to serve their own biased
opinions. This would be readily apparent to anyone who has read our research
papers.

We have done ABX tests where the results have been positive; for example, I
have found positive results between different amplifiers where one had a
high output impedance that caused a measurable frequency response change at
the loudspeaker terminals. Floyd Toole at the NRC used to frequently find
positive test results when the amplifiers were over-driven and had different
clipping behavior, or more audible noise. Today these amplifier would be
considered poorly designed, so it is not very interesting to publish the
results, when there is an easy scientific explanation of the results.

By the same token, if the ABX results are negative there is not much
motivation to publish that either. Who wants to admit that their product is
indistinguishable from a competitors', unless their product costs
significantly less money than the highly regarded competitor's product??

Cheers,
Sean Olive, Manager Subjective Evaluation
R&D Group, Harman International
8500 Balboa Blvd.
Northridge, CA, 91329

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EddieM

nyob123 wrote

[...]

I do not believe Mr. Olive had said the above. How can one be sure ?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
[...]

Dear Mr. Olive,
Your remarks have been published with this heading:
"Guess what Sean Olive had to say about Ludovic's remarks"
"Ludovic" is yours truly Ludovic Mirabel
I have been tempted to write to you before for your opinion on this old
controversy but felt that you had better things to do than to be drawn
into the parochial web forum disputes that must strike anyone looking
from the outside as juvenile- to say the least..
I was very appreciative of your sending me your collected papers,
unasked , with an undeserved compliment about my "scientific
attitude".
However these strange views were ascribed to me by NYOB :
The preson making the above statement also concludes that your tests
on speakers revealed that people were not able to distinguish better
quality speakers from lesser ones when doing so blind . You will
note that he does not quote. He fantasises about what "that person"
is supposed to have "said" and "concluded"

. The view he puts in my mouth is such a distortion of what I did say
about your pioneering paper on comparing loudspeakers that I feel not
only my good name is at stake but also the debt of gratitude I owe you
for this unique and excellent source. You may remember that I was the
first to summarize it 2 years ago in the RAHE forum and sent you a copy
of it about which I gather you had no complaints since you sent me your
papers soon after.
I do not know if NYOB had your authorization to quote your opinion of
what he put in my mouth.. If he did you are willy-nilly in the thick of
it and I hope that you will not leave me to deal with it alone.
This is one representative quote of what I really said (I referred to
your work more than once): "A couple of years ago I challenged Arny
Krueger to prove that ABX will work testing loudspeakers. He could not
contain his hilarity: ""No point in testing. They are so obviously
different that it would be a waste of time" (I'm paraphrasing from
memory but if challenged will find the exact quote)
And now Sean Olive did exactly that using DBT. Lo and behold- the
majority of panelists had problems with recognizing difference but when
not bothered with that knew what they liked.The chapel does not like
the result. No doubt they would do better using ABX- instead of the
simple unsophisticated DBT. Go to it fellows- improve on poor, lost
Sean Olive"
You may remember that one year ago I emailed you asking for your
comment about this divergence in your panel between the poor
"performance" in differentiating loudspeakers while plumping
unerringly for the better ones. Did I misunderstand your introductory
summary where you say? " Significant differences in performance
expressed in terms of the magnitude of the loudspeaker F statistic Fl
were found among the different categories of listeners..... Performance
differences aside, loudspeaker preferences were generally
consistent...." On p. 808 you further define "performance*:"This
metric accounts for the listeners ability to discriminate between
loudspeakers as well as their ability to repeat their ratings."
I should say at this point that I am delighted to hear that you ask
people for preference rather than for differentiating one speaker from
another. That is the way I make my choices I will indulge in
speculation (admittedly) that human grey matter copes more easily with
"I like, I don't like" than with "This is different from the
other" when coping with a complex musical signal. In my amateurish
ignorance I may be completely wrong- if so I'll appreciate your
straightening me out..
But the view propagated by ABXers on the internet is that you listen to
A, then to B, then to X and then you're asked if X was more like A or
B. To me it seems to be standing research on its head when it comes to
comparing the musical performance of the audio components. If I
understand you correctly this is your view as well. You did DBT but not
ABX.. To demonstrate that I'm not ascribing views please look up the
typical posting by A. Krueger in the "Life and soul at a party"
thread in the rec.audio.opinion where NYOB put his "Guess what Sean
Olive..." thread
In conclusion I appreciate that DBT listening tests in your wonderful
and expensive facility- completely out of the reach of an average
audiophile- are invaluable. From that to recommending ABX testing for
use by every Tom Dick and Harry is a vast gulf. I can't help but
remind you boastfully that sight unseen, I identified from internal
evidence in your paper the worst speaker you tested . All I did was
to listen to it
I apologise for wasting your time on this storm in a teacup but I feel
I have no choice.
Regards Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default ABX=NFG

wrote in message
nk.net...
Guess what Sean Olive had to say about Ludovic's remarks?

The inescapable conclusion from Sean Olive's loudspeaker testing is
that human beings perform best when asked: "Which one do you like
better?" rather than "Is A different from B".

Mikey, Harmon makes junk. We know you love junk.
ABX=NFG

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
[...]

I didn't use your name when I sent him the quote of what you said.

I have been tempted to write to you before for your opinion on this old
controversy but felt that you had better things to do than to be drawn
into the parochial web forum disputes that must strike anyone looking
from the outside as juvenile- to say the least..

IOW, My mind is made up I don't want to be confused with facts.

I was very appreciative of your sending me your collected papers,
unasked , with an undeserved compliment about my "scientific
attitude".

He didn't, I did.

However these strange views were ascribed to me by NYOB :
The preson making the above statement also concludes that your tests
on speakers revealed that people were not able to distinguish better
quality speakers from lesser ones when doing so blind . You will
note that he does not quote. He fantasises about what "that person"
is supposed to have "said" and "concluded"

You think I misrepresented your ideas? I don't think so.

. The view he puts in my mouth is such a distortion of what I did say
about your pioneering paper on comparing loudspeakers that I feel not
only my good name is at stake but also the debt of gratitude I owe you
for this unique and excellent source. You may remember that I was the
first to summarize it 2 years ago in the RAHE forum and sent you a copy
of it about which I gather you had no complaints since you sent me your
papers soon after.

Probably went straight to the round file.

[...]

Mostly, you have no defense.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EddieM

nyob123 wrote

[...]

One simple question and you're a NO-SHOW already.

I said:

" I do not believe Mr. Olive had said the above."

Well, I'm not interested in your butt for now 'cause as you know,
like your other friends such as Arny, you always like to ran away
with your tail in-tuck. This is not an honorable thing to do. Rao
deserves better. How can I take the word of someone who
had proven himself with the disposition of running away with his
tail-in-tuck ?

So my question is, how can one be sure that Mr. Olive really
wrote the above commentary.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Robert Morein wrote:
wrote in message
nk.net...
Guess what Sean Olive had to say about Ludovic's remarks?

The inescapable conclusion from Sean Olive's loudspeaker testing is
that human beings perform best when asked: "Which one do you like
better?" rather than "Is A different from B".

Mikey, Harmon makes junk. We know you love junk.
ABX=NFG

This time, for the first time, I have some objections to your views 1)
H-K make junk. But they have also several prestigious brands of
loudspeakers etc.-not necessarily my choice but certainly within
high-end country 2) whatever the motivation: they spent money for a
super "listening room" and they lured Floyd Toole and S. Olive away
from Ottawa University as researchers- none more prestigious in the
academic field.
That "Mikey" tries to use S.Olive's good name as cover up for his
fraudulent schemes does not change facts.
Ludovic Mirabel
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
[...]

You mean you didn't want to embarressed for the idiotic lies you've been
telling.

However these strange views were ascribed to me by NYOB :
The preson making the above statement also concludes that your tests
on speakers revealed that people were not able to distinguish better
quality speakers from lesser ones when doing so blind .

You will
note that he does not quote. He fantasises about what "that person"
is supposed to have "said" and "concluded"

It's what you've been saying for months.

. The view he puts in my mouth is such a distortion of what I did say
about your pioneering paper on comparing loudspeakers that I feel not
only my good name is at stake but also the debt of gratitude I owe you
for this unique and excellent source. You may remember that I was the
first to summarize it 2 years ago in the RAHE forum and sent you a copy
of it about which I gather you had no complaints since you sent me your
papers soon after.

To correct your erroneous interpretations no doubt.

I do not know if NYOB had your authorization to quote your opinion of
what he put in my mouth.. If he did you are willy-nilly in the thick of
it and I hope that you will not leave me to deal with it alone.
This is one representative quote of what I really said (I referred to
your work more than once): "A couple of years ago I challenged Arny
Krueger to prove that ABX will work testing loudspeakers. He could not
contain his hilarity: ""No point in testing. They are so obviously
different that it would be a waste of time" (I'm paraphrasing from
memory but if challenged will find the exact quote)
And now Sean Olive did exactly that using DBT.

But not ABX.

Lo and behold- the
majority of panelists had problems with recognizing difference but when
not bothered with that knew what they liked.The chapel does not like
the result. No doubt they would do better using ABX- instead of the
simple unsophisticated DBT. Go to it fellows- improve on poor, lost
Sean Olive"

What the **** are you talking about? None of the pro ABX people has ever
said that we thought there were any flaws in Sean Olive's work. or the way
he did his research on loudspeakers. You're disembling again.

[...]

But not when it comes to speakers. Only when comparing for subtle
differences as you've been told probably dozens of times.

If I
understand you correctly this is your view as well. You did DBT but not
ABX..

Of course you understand it, I posted this view of his a few weeks ago.

To demonstrate that I'm not ascribing views please look up the
typical posting by A. Krueger in the "Life and soul at a party"
thread in the rec.audio.opinion where NYOB put his "Guess what Sean
Olive..." thread

Again, when I asked him I did not use you r name, I simply extracted a
quaote fo yours and said this is what someone said and let him respond.

In conclusion I appreciate that DBT listening tests in your wonderful
and expensive facility- completely out of the reach of an average
audiophile- are invaluable.

The facility may be but the methodology is not.

From that to recommending ABX testing for
use by every Tom Dick and Harry is a vast gulf.

Which is why it is not the viewpoint held by anyone, you just made it up.
That of course doesn't mean that every Tom, Dick and Harry who wishes to
know about subtle differences can't use ABX or some other form of DBT.

I can't help but
remind you boastfully that sight unseen, I identified from internal
evidence in your paper the worst speaker you tested . All I did was
to listen to it
I apologise for wasting your time on this storm in a teacup but I feel
I have no choice.
Regards Ludovic Mirabel

When will you apologize for the lies and distortions you've told here?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Mickey McHurtMe asks, "Please, Ludo, may I have another?"

When will you apologize for the lies and distortions you've told here?

I agree with this sentiment. Ludo, please recant your earlier claim that
Mickey is a fully functioning adult. TIA.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Eddie the idiot wrote:

So my question is, how can one be sure that Mr. Olive really
wrote the above commentary.

Dear stupid Twit:
Send him and E-mail and ask him.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Robert the Moron Morein wrote:

Mikey, Harmon makes junk. We know you love junk.
ABX=NFG

The junk is in your thinking and constant lies.

Harman has many brands that it owns and produces as you can see if you
visit their website:

http://www.harman.com/brands/index.jsp

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Another stupid, transparent lie from the Bug Eater.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Harman own Madrigal? Their brands go
far beyond loudspeakers.

They do not. They do own REL, AKG, Mark Levinson, and Lexicon however.

Stupid Mikey, facts are for Normals. Harman bought Madrigal and dropped some
of their lines, including the titular one.

http://www.harman.com/about/index.jsp

"Harman International is a company of listeners. With audio products that
carry the Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity, Revel, Audioaccess, Lexicon, Mark
Levinson, Madrigal Imaging and Proceed names..."

Now wipe your nose and go to bed without any crickets.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Ruud Broens

wrote in message
ink.net...
: I posted this view of his a few weeks ago
,extracted a
: quaote fo yours and said this is what someone said
: I did not use you r name you didn't want to embarressed
: When will you apologize for the distortions you've spelled
; out here?
:
:

if typing errors killed :-):
R.
deceptive editin'..free of charge

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EddieM

NYOB123 wrote
Eddie wrote:

So my question is, how can one be sure that Mr. Olive really
wrote the above commentary.

Dear stupid Twit:
Send him and E-mail and ask him.

YOU post the commentary which you allegedly claimed written by
Mr. Olive. You said you know him well. You were lying weren't you ?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Another stupid, transparent lie from the Bug Eater.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Harman own Madrigal? Their brands
go
far beyond loudspeakers.

They do not. They do own REL, AKG, Mark Levinson, and Lexicon however.

Stupid Mikey, facts are for Normals. Harman bought Madrigal and dropped
some
of their lines, including the titular one.

http://www.harman.com/about/index.jsp

"Harman International is a company of listeners. With audio products that
carry the Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity, Revel, Audioaccess, Lexicon, Mark
Levinson, Madrigal Imaging and Proceed names..."

Now wipe your nose and go to bed without any crickets.

It's not listed as one of their companies on the pull down menu of their
website.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"EddieM" wrote in message
NYOB123 wrote
Eddie wrote:

So my question is, how can one be sure that Mr. Olive really
wrote the above commentary.

Dear stupid Twit:
Send him and E-mail and ask him.

YOU post the commentary which you allegedly claimed written by
Mr. Olive. You said you know him well. You were lying weren't you ?

Duh.. Eddie, If he were lying, would he tell you the truth, that he was
lying?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EddieM

Clyde Slick wrote
EddieM wrote
NYOB123 wrote
Eddie wrote:

So my question is, how can one be sure that Mr. Olive really
wrote the above commentary.

Dear stupid Twit:
Send him and E-mail and ask him.

YOU post the commentary which you allegedly claimed written by
Mr. Olive. You said you know him well. You were lying weren't you ?

Duh.. Eddie, If he were lying, would he tell you the truth, that he was
lying?

Of course he would not, as a liar he is. Could it be that he does
not know him well at all, and that the supposedly exchange of free
information he had with Mr. Olive was a total fabrication of his rancid
thougths. And that there was no contact made at any time at all ?
His claim that the commentary which I repasted below was, perhaps,
simply a pure phantom fantasy cooked-up inside the putrefactive,
feculent mind of this guy [McKelvy} whom had demonstrated a proven
propensity into tucking his tail in proudest splendor.

Here's the said commentary:

[Begin qoute...]

[...]

[.... end qoute.]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

I didn't say that they exclusively make junk. The equipment sold under
the Harmon name seems to be an attempt to capitalize on a name that like
many, is etched in the public's consciousness. It seems that ABX is used to
no good effect in the low end, except to squeeze another penny out of the
production cost.
As far as the high end is concerned, I would simply note that there is
no evidence that the use of ABX has given them an edge over other high end
manufacturers. Other high end companies do it their way, and come up with a
spectrum of results in which Harmon's high end offerings can not be said to
stand out in particular.
There is a natural tendency for a large corporation to systematize human
perception, via focus groups, blind tests of soft drinks, and so forth.
Therefore, it is practically inevitable that HK would hire these guys away.
And indeed, Canada sought to incubate technology for speaker design that
would give a national advantage. I've had an opportunity to hear the result.
A friend of mine has had a bevy of Canadian Paradigms in and out of his
house in the past decade, all the result of the same national effort in
which Toole and Olive have played such prominent roles.
To my ears, these speakers have never excelled. They have extended
frequency response, and good bass, but the illusion of reality is starkly
lacking. The imaging is so-so; there is no depth; they sound as real as a
cardboard cemetery. This is the legacy of the Canadian effort; equipment
that can reliably be predicted to have all the power and persuasion of a B-
student.
What Sidney Harmon should have done, instead of hiring this academic
brain trust, is hire speaker designers with a track record of making magic.
I wonder if he ever considered making an offer to John Bau, designer of the
Spicas, or to the kids who designed the original NEARs, rather than invest
millions in anechoic chambers with funhouse rides for speakers.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default tearing the legs off crickets

nk.net...

wrote in message ...

Another stupid, transparent lie from the Bug Eater.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Harman own Madrigal? Their brands
go
far beyond loudspeakers.

They do not. They do own REL, AKG, Mark Levinson, and Lexicon however.

Stupid Mikey, facts are for Normals. Harman bought Madrigal and dropped
some
of their lines, including the titular one.

http://www.harman.com/about/index.jsp

"Harman International is a company of listeners. With audio products that
carry the Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity, Revel, Audioaccess, Lexicon, Mark
Levinson, Madrigal Imaging and Proceed names..."

Now wipe your nose and go to bed without any crickets.

It's not listed as one of their companies on the pull down menu of their
website.

If we hear any chirping or crunching from your bedroom, you will be grounded
for a week.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

wrote in message
ups.com...
Robert the Moron Morein wrote:

Mikey, Harmon makes junk. We know you love junk.
ABX=NFG

The junk is in your thinking and constant lies.

Harman has many brands that it owns and produces as you can see if you
visit their website:

http://www.harman.com/brands/index.jsp

ABX=NFG

That's the only truth that matters.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:20:31 GMT, wrote:

[...]

sorry I apologise.
I think I like you after all.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 02:54:07 GMT, "EddieM"
wrote:

Clyde Slick wrote
EddieM wrote
NYOB123 wrote
Eddie wrote:

[...]

Here's the said commentary:

[Begin qoute...]

[...]

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"EddieM" wrote in message
NYOB123 wrote
Eddie wrote:

So my question is, how can one be sure that Mr. Olive really
wrote the above commentary.

Dear stupid Twit:
Send him and E-mail and ask him.

YOU post the commentary which you allegedly claimed written by
Mr. Olive. You said you know him well. You were lying weren't you ?

Duh.. Eddie, If he were lying, would he tell you the truth, that he was
lying?

For the record, I NEVER said I knew him well. Just another one of Eddie's
fabrications.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

wrote:

[...]

Look under 'Brands'.

No biggie. It's not like Middius regularly gets things *right*, after all.

--
-S
"The most appealing intuitive argument for atheism is the mindblowing stupidity of religious
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Sillybot is still hurting from last week's ass-whuppin'.

It's not like Middius regularly gets things *right*, after all.

I was the first RAO regular to get *you* right, Mr. Robot. I nailed your
hypocrisy, your cheapism, and your Hive stench.

Isn't there a limit to your mommy's patience when it comes to patching up
your battered ego?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:13:23 +0000 (UTC), Steven Sullivan
wrote:

It's not listed as one of their companies on the pull down menu of their
website.

Look under 'Brands'.

He did. Madrigal doesn't appear there. It's still a Mark Levinson
company, as you've already noted.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

Steven Sullivan said:

Madrigal Audio Labs = Mark Levinson, which is part of the Harman Specialty
Group.

Levinson is an adherent of one of the kookiest of 'audiophile' beliefs --
that digital audio causes muscle deterioration. Hopefully Harman keeps
him on a short leash.

ML has left the company years ago.
He founded Cello in the '90s, and left there as well.
I have no idea of his whereabouts at this moment.

And no, he did *not* start a career in designing car audio :-)

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:20:29 +0100, Sander deWaal
wrote:

Steven Sullivan said:

Madrigal Audio Labs = Mark Levinson, which is part of the Harman Specialty
Group.

Levinson is an adherent of one of the kookiest of 'audiophile' beliefs --
that digital audio causes muscle deterioration. Hopefully Harman keeps
him on a short leash.

ML has left the company years ago.
He founded Cello in the '90s, and left there as well.
I have no idea of his whereabouts at this moment.

Ex-husband of Kim Cattrall. That's his current career...

And no, he did *not* start a career in designing car audio :-)

Nor writing sex books either...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

wrote:

It's not listed as one of their companies on the pull down menu of their
website.

Look under 'Brands'.

He did. Madrigal doesn't appear there.

er..yes it does. Right under the Mark Levinson logo, it says
"Madrigal Audio Laboratories".

--
-S
"The most appealing intuitive argument for atheism is the mindblowing stupidity of religious
fundamentalists." -- Ginger Yellow
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Ruud Broens

: wrote:
:
: Levinson is an adherent of one of the kookiest of 'audiophile' beliefs --
: that digital audio causes muscle deterioration. Hopefully Harman keeps
: him on a short leash.
:
:
: ML has left the company years ago.
: He founded Cello in the '90s, and left there as well.
: I have no idea of his whereabouts at this moment.
:
: Ex-husband of Kim Cattrall. That's his current career...
:
: And no, he did *not* start a career in designing car audio :-)
:
: Nor writing sex books either...

KC, of Weird Science fame ..it all comes full circle :-)
R.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

It's not listed as one of their companies on the pull down menu of
their
website.

Look under 'Brands'.

He did. Madrigal doesn't appear there.

er..yes it does. Right under the Mark Levinson logo, it says
"Madrigal Audio Laboratories".

I see it on the right side of the home page along with some other stuff
about the companies. I didn't look there as I assumed it would be included
in the brand menu.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Ruud Broens

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
:
: "EddieM" wrote in message
: ...
: NYOB123 wrote
: Eddie wrote:
:
:
:
:
:
: So my question is, how can one be sure that Mr. Olive really
: wrote the above commentary.
:
:
: Dear stupid Twit:
: Send him and E-mail and ask him.
:
:
:
:
:
: YOU post the commentary which you allegedly claimed written by
: Mr. Olive. You said you know him well. You were lying weren't you ?
:
: Duh.. Eddie, If he were lying, would he tell you the truth, that he was
: lying?
:

hmm, this stuff rings a bell.... got it, the Richman - McKelvey phone
home episode :-)
what is Bruce up to, these days,
ne way ?

R.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Ruud Broens

"Ruud Broens" wrote in message
:
: "dave weil" wrote in message
: ...
: : On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:20:29 +0100, Sander deWaal
: : wrote:
: :
: : Levinson is an adherent of one of the kookiest of 'audiophile' beliefs --
: : that digital audio causes muscle deterioration. Hopefully Harman keeps
: : him on a short leash.
: :
: :
: : ML has left the company years ago.
: : He founded Cello in the '90s, and left there as well.
: : I have no idea of his whereabouts at this moment.
: :
: : Ex-husband of Kim Cattrall. That's his current career...
: :
: : And no, he did *not* start a career in designing car audio :-)
: :
: : Nor writing sex books either...
:
: KC, of Weird Science fame ..it all comes full circle :-)
: R.
:
err, actually that was Kelly LeBrock, KC played in Mannequin
ok, i admit, sometimes late i get some of those us girls
mixed up :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

It's not listed as one of their companies on the pull down menu of their
website.

Look under 'Brands'.

He did. Madrigal doesn't appear there.

er..yes it does. Right under the Mark Levinson logo, it says
"Madrigal Audio Laboratories".

er... no it doesn't. Not on the Harman.com site it doesn't. On the
brands pull down menu, it goes Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Revel (not the
alphabetical nature of the names).

Sorry, you lose.

Again.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

Ruud Broens a écrit :
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
:
: "EddieM" wrote in message
: ...
: NYOB123 wrote
: Eddie wrote:
:
:
:
:
:
[...]

He has found his shakti and now he's founding a family :
http://www.slaphog.com/kincaid/unnamed/DSCN2824.JPG