Mike Rivers

Default subwoofer grill (was: magnetic planars vs. electrostatic planars)

No, you're supposed to use charcoal, not subwoofers.

How's that patio coming?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Roger W. Norman

I assume you're talking to me? Just got the first section's pavers finished
yesterday. That's the cookstation area, but there's still more than half
that needs to be levelled, sand put down and then install the rest of the
pavers. I was trying to get it done by this weekend, but it will take me a
few more days and then I have brick to lay as a border and facia for the
cinderblock retaining wall. Then I get to build the cookstation itself and
install the new grill/sideburner and the bar sink and add a flagstone facia
to that.

However, today is working on the pool day. I've had so many things to do
with the finishing work on the remodel that the pool had become secondary.
I should get it up and running today, although I have tons of cicada bodies
to clean off the cover before I will take it off. I was going to have JoVee
help, but truthfully it smells so bad that I wouldn't ask anyone else to
work on it.

But things are finally getting done. Got the new "driveway" cut (now I have
two), but it's only the foundation level at this point. Still need to put
big gravel down as a base, but I can park the van and I can get materials as
needed into the back yard without much problem, as long as it hasn't rained.
Before I had to have all the cinderblock unloaded down in the front yard and
haul it up about 15 feet of elevation and bring it all the way around the
back of the house. The new driveway leads directly to the patio, plus it
puts my van behind locked gates when it has equipment in it.

So, the light at the end of the tunnel doesn't appear to be an oncoming
train, and I should have things finished up enough to have a little party
over here by Bev's birthday (new smoker coming soon). Things take much
longer when you have to do them alone! g Besides, I had to take over the
finish work from my contractor because his guys just weren't getting the
idea of a detailed finish. For example, nice floor they put in, but I have
a small area to finish because they just left it. The put up nice new
Hardiboard siding, but neglected to finish and I have to put up the last
couple of pieces myself. One window was taken out when I told them to leave
it, so then it was reinstalled and is a little racked. Little things like
that. I will probably be working on this for the rest of the summer. It's
just plain TOO HARD to find good craftsmenship these days.

But John seems impressed with what's been done so far. He keeps telling me
to revel in what's been accomplished rather than belaboring what wasn't done
correctly. Wish I could.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

No, you're supposed to use charcoal, not subwoofers.

How's that patio coming?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Roger W. Norman

And besides, I'm the only one that wrote "grille" I believe, meaning the
protective covering of the speaker. I use a grill for cooking and a grille
to keep fingers and stuff from poking through my speakers, but I could have
it backwards! g

--

No, you're supposed to use charcoal, not subwoofers.

How's that patio coming?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Don Cooper