Kavall

Default Connecting a Microphone to A/V Receiver

Ok, here's the situation. I am trying to get a simple 1/4 phono plug
microphone to go into an A/V receiver for a very down and dirty type
of Karaoke system. I don't want to invest much into this considering
it's purpose. There's no recording need either. So anyone know of a
SIMPLE mixer that will take a mic input and combine it with a single
stereo channel. If you want to get real fancy it would be great to
have a level adjustment on the mic.

Ideas??? I know this is way below the level of most if not all of you.
Just cut a guy a break. Thanks.
Kendall

"Kavall" wrote in message
om...
Ok, here's the situation. I am trying to get a simple 1/4 phono plug
microphone to go into an A/V receiver for a very down and dirty type
of Karaoke system. I don't want to invest much into this considering
it's purpose. There's no recording need either. So anyone know of a
SIMPLE mixer that will take a mic input and combine it with a single
stereo channel. If you want to get real fancy it would be great to
have a level adjustment on the mic.

Ideas??? I know this is way below the level of most if not all of you.
Just cut a guy a break. Thanks.

Check Radio Shack. They used to have a very small minimal mixer that should
do what you need. Sorry, I don't have a model number, and I'm too lazy to
go scout for it. The Rat Shack website will prolly list it, though. Good
luck.

Kendall

Mike Rivers

In article writes:

Ok, here's the situation. I am trying to get a simple 1/4 phono plug
microphone to go into an A/V receiver for a very down and dirty type
of Karaoke system.

Try this at your local Radio Shack sto

http://tinyurl.com/3x8sc

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

normanstrong

"Kavall" wrote in message
om...
Ok, here's the situation. I am trying to get a simple 1/4 phono plug
microphone to go into an A/V receiver for a very down and dirty type
of Karaoke system. I don't want to invest much into this considering
it's purpose. There's no recording need either. So anyone know of a
SIMPLE mixer that will take a mic input and combine it with a single
stereo channel. If you want to get real fancy it would be great to
have a level adjustment on the mic.

Ideas??? I know this is way below the level of most if not all of

you.
Just cut a guy a break. Thanks.

Yamaha makes a chip to add karaoke capability to a DVD player.
Several DVD players have this chip in them; they can be identified by
the 2 mike jacks on the front of the DVD player. There's also a level
control for each mike. This is a one-step solution to your problem.
Plug in the mike, put on the karaoke CD and you're ready to go.

I first became aware of this feature when I bought my Apex AD-600.
Subsequently, I noticed the same feature on a variety of other
players.

Norm Strong