Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default Basic Mastering Packages

Some of my stuff gets sent off to a regular mastering house, but I've got a series
of lower-budget projects currently in the pipeline that require "mastering" done in
house.

In the old days for projects like this, I used CD Architect 5.2, generated a CDR,
and sent that off to the plant.

I'd like to be a little more current, however, and generate DDPs to dropbox to the
plant (and send proofs to clients), and also generate higher-quality MP3s, hopefully
all from the same package. Also, current generation comps and EQs tailored for
mastering would be a nice inclusion.

I've done a few web searches; Ozone comes up but it's not clear that the product
does the DDP and MP3 generation.

Any suggestions based on your own direct experience?

Thanks in advance,
Frank
Mobile Audio

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Angus Kerr Angus Kerr is offline

--
.

I've used Audacity a lot for basic stereo editing. It does mp3 encoding, I don't know about the other requirements, but it's a gpl licence open source product, so it won't cost you anything to check out. It is surprisingly capable.

-Angus.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 7:11:13 AM UTC+2, Angus Kerr wrote:
[...]

For DDP, there is this package, also gpl http://ddp.andreasruge.de/

If you don't mind using command line tools.

-A.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:11:13 AM UTC-5, Angus Kerr wrote:
[...]

And it NOW includes the latest and greatest, Spectral Editing!

Whoa!

Jack

-Angus.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 12:39:58 PM UTC-5, Frank Stearns wrote:
Some of my stuff gets sent off to a regular mastering house, but I've got a series
of lower-budget projects currently in the pipeline that require "mastering" done in
house.

In the old days for projects like this, I used CD Architect 5.2, generated a CDR,
and sent that off to the plant.

I'd like to be a little more current, however, and generate DDPs to dropbox to the
plant (and send proofs to clients), and also generate higher-quality MP3s, hopefully
all from the same package. Also, current generation comps and EQs tailored for
mastering would be a nice inclusion.

I've done a few web searches; Ozone comes up but it's not clear that the product
does the DDP and MP3 generation.

Any suggestions based on your own direct experience?

As I feel, Frank, software is only as good as its user. I use Goldwave (.com) for my mastering. I'm so well pleased with it; never, ever, recall it crashing (XP). Used it for a number of years (with annoying "tolls") to make snippets, actually, about the same time MP3s were gaining popularity. Decided Chris (author) should be rewarded, so I finally purchased it.

Jack

Thanks in advance,
Frank
Mobile Audio

--
.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

JackA writes:

I've done a few web searches; Ozone comes up but it's not clear that the =

product=20
does the DDP and MP3 generation.
=20
Any suggestions based on your own direct experience?

As I feel, Frank, software is only as good as its user. I use Goldwave (.co=
m) for my mastering. I'm so well pleased with it; never, ever, recall it cr=
ashing (XP). Used it for a number of years (with annoying "tolls") to make =

Can't seem to find anything about Goldwave being able to generate DDP images. That's
one of the more important functions I need.

Did I miss that? Is DDP available for GW?

Frank
Mobile Audio

Posted to rec.audio.pro

JackA writes:

I've done a few web searches; Ozone comes up but it's not clear that

the =
product=20
does the DDP and MP3 generation.
=20
Any suggestions based on your own direct experience?

As I feel, Frank, software is only as good as its user. I use Goldwave

(.co=
m) for my mastering. I'm so well pleased with it; never, ever, recall it

cr=
ashing (XP). Used it for a number of years (with annoying "tolls") to

make =

Can't seem to find anything about Goldwave being able to generate DDP

images. That's
one of the more important functions I need.

Did I miss that? Is DDP available for GW?

Frank
Mobile Audio

To follow, maybe this may help if you don't have anything else -

http://ddp.andreasruge.de/

david
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
david gourley wrote:
Frank Stearns
:

JackA writes:

[...]

A lot of people are using Sonoris DDP Creator now, but I know that Wavelab
and Sadie can both just export a DDP file.

I'm still pulling PMCDs out of an ancient Sonic system. It still works,
although at the AES show I had a representative from a museum ask about
my possibly donating it, which is not a good sign.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:45:08 PM UTC-5, david gourley wrote:
Frank Stearns
:

JackA writes:

[...]

Correct!! Just thought that was old school, since CDs are a thing of the past! Besides, if the Big Boy audio software people don't offer it, it's near obsolete.

Jack

david

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 7/11/2015 7:47 a.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:

A lot of people are using Sonoris DDP Creator now, but I know that Wavelab
and Sadie can both just export a DDP file.

Very sad that Sony seem to have lost interest in CD Architect, because
if they tweaked it to provide Save As DDP, and VST without wrapper, if
would be pretty near the perfect app.

geoff