Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Input Appreciated - Mixing What?

I found 70's+ material to be Stereo Boring. It's like most reverted back to monophonic mixes. Anyway, I began disliking 80's music, it became more and more synthetic (not real musicians) sounding. I was thrilled to find this (1985 Tears For Fear) song as multi-tracks, love the title and lyrical contents (lots of applause!). Reminds me (Everybody Wants To Rule The World) what the USA has planned for the World!!

Anyway, your feelings on synthetic sound - great, okay, frown, bad, cheap, etc.?

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...yruleworld.mp3

Mixing/audio quality? Great, Good, Rotten, best take up flipping burgers?

The high-hat intro was added exclusively for RockBand/GuitarHero thing.

Thanks.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Overall, mix is slightly bottom-shy
compared to the original mix, and
vocals really in 'front'.

Slight ping-pong left-right effect
between rhythm elements, and
different synth elements show up
in your mix.

Overall, nice try!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 5:17:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Overall, mix is slightly bottom-shy
compared to the original mix, and
vocals really in 'front'.

Slight ping-pong left-right effect
between rhythm elements, and
different synth elements show up
in your mix.

Overall, nice try!

While I heard the song a thousand times, I never really studied the stereo mix. However, with my desire to widen the stereo mix, you'd might HEAR things that changed, such as that ping-pong effect you mention!!

Thanks and thanks!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

I found 70's+ material to be Stereo Boring. It's like most reverted back to
monophonic mixes. Anyway, I began disliking 80's music, it became more and
more synthetic (not real musicians) sounding. I was thrilled to find this
(1985 Tears For Fear) song as multi-tracks, love the title and lyrical
contents (lots of applause!). Reminds me (Everybody Wants To Rule The World)
what the USA has planned for the World!!

Anyway, your feelings on synthetic sound - great, okay, frown, bad, cheap,
etc.?

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...yruleworld.mp3

Mixing/audio quality? Great, Good, Rotten, best take up flipping burgers?

The high-hat intro was added exclusively for RockBand/GuitarHero thing.

Thanks.

Jack

It seem to me you are grossly enhancing the stuff your ears are unable to
hear.

I would stop doing that and seeking praise for doing so, if I were you.
It is not going to get you many fans.

I still don't think you even bother to compare your mix with a commercial
one.

But of course you, and we, knew that already.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 6:10:21 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

If I had to depend on you audio experts to tell me what Ray Stevens' compilation has the best audio, I'd go to my grave without knowing. So, I research and find one CD sounds like the next, never an audio improvement.... UNTIL, I said UNTIL 2014 a "Barnaby" offers a download ONLY compilation, I examine it and begin to hear things I never, ever heard before, like a (baritone?) sax, a tambourine, strings, higher fidelity, less tape noise, just to name a few. Here, listen, then FIND ME something that offers better audio...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...alongjones.mp3

Granted, mastering, as you call it, is all over the place, but nothing terrible enough that I can't correct fix with my Goldwave software.

If I can impress myself with mixing and audio enhancements, I have no need for anyone to tell me I'm wrong. And, as I stated, an HD radio station welcomed a remix of mine (originally by the Abbey Road dunces), so who's jealous of who?

Thanks for your input.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 27/10/2015 23:56, JackA wrote:

If I can impress myself with mixing and audio enhancements, I have no need for anyone to tell me I'm wrong. And, as I stated, an HD radio station welcomed a remix of mine (originally by the Abbey Road dunces), so who's jealous of who?

As ever, going by the sound quality of your mix, *nobody* here is
jealous of or feels threatened by your ability. Yet again, there is a
shrieking quality to it that makes it painful to listen to, as well as
many unpleasant artifacts on the vocals.

If you want approval of your mixes, I strongly suggest you post them on
a group for tone deaf people with no taste in music.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 4:35:29 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 27/10/2015 23:56, JackA wrote:

If I can impress myself with mixing and audio enhancements, I have no need for anyone to tell me I'm wrong. And, as I stated, an HD radio station welcomed a remix of mine (originally by the Abbey Road dunces), so who's jealous of who?

As ever, going by the sound quality of your mix, *nobody* here is
jealous of or feels threatened by your ability. Yet again, there is a
shrieking quality to it that makes it painful to listen to, as well as
many unpleasant artifacts on the vocals.

If you want approval of your mixes, I strongly suggest you post them on
a group for tone deaf people with no taste in music.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Well, John, I'd be more than glad to offer you the multi-tracks so we can HEAR your UNKNOWN audio talents!

Glad to hear your NIST calibrated micro-ammeter fingertips are doing well!! :-)

Thank You!

Jack