Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

Default Roland SD-2u SD

A friend asked if I knew anything about this recorder. I don't. It showed
up online as a Deal of the Day somewhere (B&H?). It's marked down to $150
from $500. That's in the If It Looks Too Good To Be True category for me.
Anybody have any experience with this gadget?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 01/10/2015 15:54, Jason wrote:
A friend asked if I knew anything about this recorder. I don't. It showed
up online as a Deal of the Day somewhere (B&H?). It's marked down to $150
from $500. That's in the If It Looks Too Good To Be True category for me.
Anybody have any experience with this gadget?

It has been discontinued, which means it's been replaced by a NEW!,
IMPROVED! version and so it's likely to be sold off cheap by retailers
if they have one or two left on the shelf.

If you like the specs, and you're happy to have last year's version,
it'll still do the same job it did last year, and you should still get
the same warranty and reliability as if you'd bought it for $500. I've
had quite a few bargains along this line over the years.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 10/1/2015 10:54 AM, Jason wrote:
A friend asked if I knew anything about this recorder. I don't. It showed
up online as a Deal of the Day somewhere (B&H?). It's marked down to $150
from $500. That's in the If It Looks Too Good To Be True category for me.

I've never had one in my hands, but I recall seeing it at a NAMM show a
while back. It's pretty basic as far as recording format goes, just 44.1
kHz, 16-bit as far as I can determine (CD quality, period), but Roland
has done pretty well with this kind of product so I'm sure it sounds as
good as you need it to sound. It's not as portable as the handheld
recorders, but it also has plenty of real controls and buttons so you
don't need a menu for everything.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:54:45 AM UTC-4, Jason wrote:
A friend asked if I knew anything about this recorder. I don't. It showed
up online as a Deal of the Day somewhere (B&H?). It's marked down to $150
from $500. That's in the If It Looks Too Good To Be True category for me.
Anybody have any experience with this gadget?

They have a YouTube thing on this model, but not a single reply. That should tell you something.

Jack

Roland CF/CD2 skadborgmusik Pro Audio 0 March 24th 06 12:10 AM
FS: Roland SPD-11 Kaiser Pro Audio 0 August 25th 04 07:37 AM
Roland AP-7 BOB URZ Tech 0 July 8th 04 09:28 PM
Roland DEP-5 ??? Daniel Pro Audio 30 October 9th 03 01:12 AM
Roland DEP-5 ??? Daniel Audio Opinions 0 October 4th 03 11:13 PM