Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Creative Stereo Mixing

I enjoy strategically placing instruments in stereo mixes where I feel they'll do best!!

I enjoy hearing competing stereo, like two guitars L & R stereo channels. Drums don't make a good stereo feature, except with panning!!

Some people are creative with stereo mixes, panning etc., but most shy away from it, it creates more work!! Listing to Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight, backing vocals shift L & R channels, nice well thought/composed stereo, too!!

Anyway, feel free to grade my stereo mix, you'll hear where everything is at, neat type of intro!!!...

The Doors, Love Me Two Times, 1967.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 12:59:52 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
I enjoy strategically placing instruments in stereo mixes where I feel they'll do best!!

I enjoy hearing competing stereo, like two guitars L & R stereo channels. Drums don't make a good stereo feature, except with panning!!

Some people are creative with stereo mixes, panning etc., but most shy away from it, it creates more work!! Listing to Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight, backing vocals shift L & R channels, nice well thought/composed stereo, too!!

Anyway, feel free to grade my stereo mix, you'll hear where everything is at, neat type of intro!!!...

The Doors, Love Me Two Times, 1967.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Jack

Another Subject:

Okay, many or most everyone claims there were two specific jobs dealing with audio at Big Boy record companies. One would "mix" and another would "master".

But, as you know, everyone under the sun seemed to have problems with "remastering" (sometimes up to 3 remasters), originally a "mastering" job.
For example, Amazon shows the song "Jump" by Van Halen was just 2015 Remastered (again). Same with some of Alan Parson's material.

I TRY to logically think what went on, okay? IF I had someone "mixing" that created a lot of audio (mastering) work downstream, he wouldn't last long working for me! Besides, it would degrade audio quality with additional sound reprocessing. That's why I do not believe people who did mastering had to "fix" much audio, maybe tweak here and there, or maybe just arrange songs, period.

I firmly believe remastering, maybe by SPARS definition, was meant to include remixing. That is, create a new master tape.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Hearing one guitar panned hard right and a totally different guitar panned
hard left is, in this instance, really irritating.
You end up listening to the crap production rather than the band, who
actually made the music quite well.

More irritating is the fact that someone (You) has panned all the other
stuff Willy Nilly just for the sake of it.

I think you're having a laugh, this sounds crap and you know it.

Gareth.

"JackA" wrote in message

I enjoy strategically placing instruments in stereo mixes where I feel
they'll do best!!

I enjoy hearing competing stereo, like two guitars L & R stereo channels.
Drums don't make a good stereo feature, except with panning!!

Some people are creative with stereo mixes, panning etc., but most shy away
from it, it creates more work!! Listing to Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight,
backing vocals shift L & R channels, nice well thought/composed stereo,
too!!

Anyway, feel free to grade my stereo mix, you'll hear where everything is
at, neat type of intro!!!...

The Doors, Love Me Two Times, 1967.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 6:54:41 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
Hearing one guitar panned hard right and a totally different guitar panned
hard left is, in this instance, really irritating.
You end up listening to the crap production rather than the band, who
actually made the music quite well.

More irritating is the fact that someone (You) has panned all the other
stuff Willy Nilly just for the sake of it.

I think you're having a laugh, this sounds crap and you know it.

Gareth, I learned outside of usenet is where I received the applause. To me, it sounds like Surround Sound!! Wasn't my favorite song, not sure how original was mixed, but it made it only to #22 Billboard.

I do thank you for your opinion, good or bad.

I want to download [Van Halen's] "Jump" (2015) Remaster from Amazon and compare it to my mix!!

Note to Mike:
Engineers on YouTube don't teach me much, but one hit an Award status when he mentioned getting your mix as close as possible before further audio processing!
I sometimes don't have enough vocals or bass and remixing everything is a chore/pain. So, I thought, why not take the stereo .flac file I created, bring it into mixing software along with bass line [audio track] and all to it.. Syncing is perfect. It was NICE!! Digital rules, in my mind!

Jack

Thanks.

Jack

Gareth.

"JackA" wrote in message

I enjoy strategically placing instruments in stereo mixes where I feel
they'll do best!!

I enjoy hearing competing stereo, like two guitars L & R stereo channels.
Drums don't make a good stereo feature, except with panning!!

Some people are creative with stereo mixes, panning etc., but most shy away
from it, it creates more work!! Listing to Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight,
backing vocals shift L & R channels, nice well thought/composed stereo,
too!!

Anyway, feel free to grade my stereo mix, you'll hear where everything is
at, neat type of intro!!!...

The Doors, Love Me Two Times, 1967.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 6:54:41 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
Hearing one guitar panned hard right and a totally different guitar panned
hard left is, in this instance, really irritating.
You end up listening to the crap production rather than the band, who
actually made the music quite well.

More irritating is the fact that someone (You) has panned all the other
stuff Willy Nilly just for the sake of it.

I think you're having a laugh, this sounds crap and you know it.

p.s. It was I who was asked to send a HQ version of one of my (re)mixed hit songs to a HD Radio station? I know people here think mixing is only for the pros, but I plan to end that fallacy.

Unlike the costly My Pillow (list $99+ YIKES!), my mixing is free. As Denis would say in another usenet group, Made In America baby!!

Jack

Jack

Gareth.

"JackA" wrote in message

I enjoy strategically placing instruments in stereo mixes where I feel
they'll do best!!

I enjoy hearing competing stereo, like two guitars L & R stereo channels.
Drums don't make a good stereo feature, except with panning!!

Some people are creative with stereo mixes, panning etc., but most shy away
from it, it creates more work!! Listing to Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight,
backing vocals shift L & R channels, nice well thought/composed stereo,
too!!

Anyway, feel free to grade my stereo mix, you'll hear where everything is
at, neat type of intro!!!...

The Doors, Love Me Two Times, 1967.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 16:20:59 -0700 (PDT), JackA
wrote:

Unlike the costly My Pillow (list $99+ YIKES!), my mixing is free.

Jack

Free and worth considerably less.

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

wrote:

Unlike the costly My Pillow (list $99+ YIKES!), my mixing is free.

Jack

Free and worth considerably less.

A good question, Rick. Yes, I don't believe many who remastered has a simple graphic equalizer at their disposal!! Really! Why I'm continually fixing their mistakes on Audio CD!! Free of charge, of course! :-)

And it was not I who drove people back to vinyl, my peers did!!!

Jack

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 23/09/2015 11:39 a.m., JackA wrote:

And it was not I who drove people back to vinyl, my peers did!!!

Jack

Why am I not surprised that you have people peeing on you.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 9:25:30 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 23/09/2015 11:39 a.m., JackA wrote:

And it was not I who drove people back to vinyl, my peers did!!!

Jack

Why am I not surprised that you have people peeing on you.

Uh, because they can't afford a toilet?

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 22-09-2015 17:59, JackA wrote:

I enjoy strategically placing instruments
in stereo mixes where I feel they'll do best!!

Make your own recordings then.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Droit Morale violation, misrepresenting and defacing a work of art.

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 11:08:57 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 22-09-2015 17:59, JackA wrote:

I enjoy strategically placing instruments
in stereo mixes where I feel they'll do best!!

Make your own recordings then.

Not interested in it, but feel I'd excel!!

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Droit Morale violation, misrepresenting and defacing a work of art.

http://www.amazon.com/The-End-Stereo.../dp/B00122YSJ4

Advanced Resolution? Really?

Jack

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 11:08:57 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 22-09-2015 17:59, JackA wrote:

I enjoy strategically placing instruments
in stereo mixes where I feel they'll do best!!

Make your own recordings then.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Droit Morale violation, misrepresenting and defacing a work of art.

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Lifeless....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMlyBF1lXn0
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 11:39:00 AM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 11:08:57 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 22-09-2015 17:59, JackA wrote:

I enjoy strategically placing instruments
in stereo mixes where I feel they'll do best!!

Make your own recordings then.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Droit Morale violation, misrepresenting and defacing a work of art.

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Lifeless....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMlyBF1lXn0

I downloaded Jump (2015 Remaster) by Van Halen. Easy to top their mix, and even though I trim silence (opening/end), my version is a bit longer!! They fade, mine doesn't!! More true to (studio) life!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

I enjoy strategically placing instruments in stereo mixes where I feel
they'll do best!!

I enjoy hearing competing stereo, like two guitars L & R stereo channels.
Drums don't make a good stereo feature, except with panning!!

Some people are creative with stereo mixes, panning etc., but most shy away
from it, it creates more work!! Listing to Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight,
backing vocals shift L & R channels, nice well thought/composed stereo,
too!!

Anyway, feel free to grade my stereo mix, you'll hear where everything is
at, neat type of intro!!!...

The Doors, Love Me Two Times, 1967.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Jack

Just found a rather good 70's track with the kind of Stereo mixing you might
like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0F_XiR48Q

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 6:30:49 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Ah, you struck a nerve!! Great song, lot of drum overdub, but fine!!

Now, who is fibbing, Billboard Magazine, Joel Whitburn or BOTH?

As may know, the "single" version is the one that charts.

Are we agreeing so far? I hope.

So, lay you ears down on this single version, that I never heard in my lifetime...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...uspocus-ss.mp3

So, you may understand why I doubt a lot I'm told or what is documented.

Sort of like saying The Chamber Brothers, "Time Has Come Today" single version charted. Ha!!

Thanks!! :-)

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Jack, we are not agreeing.
I like the Hocus Pocus studio track a lot. I always have done, it was one
of those tracks that formed my present being.

I merely presented it here to demonstrate 70's panning, given the subject of
this thread.

It is rather good though, even though this is now 2015. You would not get
away with this kind of stuff today.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Appended. My guess, the (Hocus Pocus) single version got some momentum on the record charts, but nothing of US Top 40 quality. The album version gained a LOT of interest. Knowing this, they reissued a shortened album version and that became the *new* single version. Why I say that? Because when I purchased that album, it was so cool to hear the long intro!

Time for a post Halloween treat....
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/images/come.mp3

Thanks again.

Oh, and, p.s. Whoever claimed my Van Halen "Jump" version was loud, it is tame compared to the actual (2015 Remaster) $1.29 stereo mix. They used a lot of echo tracks for a bolder, denser sound, while I tried to maximize stereo content.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Like you, you probably remember it while it peaked on the record charts.

I always have done, it was one
of those tracks that formed my present being.

Not disagreeing at all with you, just what charted.

I merely presented it here to demonstrate 70's panning, given the subject of
this thread.

I understand, and I thank you for a favorite!

It is rather good though, even though this is now 2015. You would not get
away with this kind of stuff today.

PROBABLY true!! With all the goofy singers who need tone correction and/or digital software to enhance their (lack of) singing ability, it might be nice to hear an instrumental.

Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Jack, we are not agreeing.
I like the Hocus Pocus studio track a lot.

Like you, you probably remember it while it peaked on the record charts.

I had the album.
Back in those days (in the UK) the kind of music I liked never made it into
the charts.
The only radio that played that kind of stuff was the pirate station Radio
Caroline. There was a "Friday Rock Show" on radio 1 that played some album
tracks, but that was about it really.

So we all used to go round each others' houses, get stoned, and listen to
album after album after album. Often you would take some of your own albums
round.
So everyone got to hear all sorts of stuff that simply was not available to
hear anywhere else.
Then you would go to "Downtown Discount" in Basildon and sometimes find the
album you had listened to round your mates' house on a cheap import and buy
it.
Sometimes the import packaging was a little different to the official UK
version, but they were usually a few quid cheaper.

I think Richard Branson started Virgin Records by driving his van across the
Channel and buying loads of these cheap imports, then flogged them to
hippies in a small record shop on Tottenham Court Road.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Once I'd heard this live album I just could not listen to any of their
studio albums without thinking "this is lifeless ****".

A very fine album indeed IMHO. Plus a lovely gatefold sleeve to add to the
ceremony of playing sides of 33.3rpm vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEwVz6P7lZg

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

I enjoy strategically placing instruments in stereo mixes where I feel
they'll do best!!

I enjoy hearing competing stereo, like two guitars L & R stereo channels.
Drums don't make a good stereo feature, except with panning!!

Some people are creative with stereo mixes, panning etc., but most shy away
from it, it creates more work!! Listing to Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight,
backing vocals shift L & R channels, nice well thought/composed stereo,
too!!

Anyway, feel free to grade my stereo mix, you'll hear where everything is
at, neat type of intro!!!...

The Doors, Love Me Two Times, 1967.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...veme2times.mp3

Jack

Jack, there seems to be a terrible hum at the beginning of this track. Do
you think you could remix it out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEmnqqFO1Gs

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 4:25:16 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

With my MS tablet and ($12 Jensen)earbuds, I don't hear much of any hum. Will download later where I can better examine and/or repair.

Jack

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

That would be great.

Bear in mind though that this is UK hum at 50Hz. If your better earbuds
only go down to 60Hz you might have a problem.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

The package states, 16 - 20,000 Hz!

I guess this album is not on CD? You feel it's a "Mains" hum?

Not a bad song. As it opened, I'd never guess a Rock looking group.

Jack

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Sorry to be so demanding, but there are a few issues here too. Particularly
from 1.05 onwards. Sounds like someone muted the tweeters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsEHH0cDwHw

I particularly like this band.
Although they are apparently Australian, most of them are actually Scotch.

(sp)

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Jack, there seems to be a terrible hum at the beginning of this track.
Do
you think you could remix it out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEmnqqFO1Gs

With my MS tablet and ($12 Jensen)earbuds, I don't hear much of any hum.
Will download later where I can better examine and/or repair.

Jack

Cheers,

Gareth.

That would be great.

Bear in mind though that this is UK hum at 50Hz. If your better earbuds
only go down to 60Hz you might have a problem.

The package states, 16 - 20,000 Hz!

I guess this album is not on CD? You feel it's a "Mains" hum?

Not a bad song. As it opened, I'd never guess a Rock looking group.

Jack

Well I don't hear any of the band humming, so I would guess it would have to
be a mains hum.

Yes, not a bad song at all - if a little clumsily performed.

The album is on CD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark,...ness_and_Charm

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 27/09/2015 21:54, Gareth Magennis wrote:
That would be great.

Bear in mind though that this is UK hum at 50Hz. If your better earbuds
only go down to 60Hz you might have a problem.

There's also a lot of analogue clipping on the louder passages later on
in the track. I suspect the output from the turntable preamp was too hot
for the input on the soundcard, or the input gain was turned up too high.

There's a better quality mp3, converted from the CD version of the album
available on Amazon, though it may not match the "warmth" and distortion
of this version. Anyway, a slight 50 Hz and 100 Hz notch should do the job.

Thanks for the pointer. I've just bought the Quark, Strangeness and
Charm mp3 album it's on for listening to later. I'd forgotten how good
it was.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 5:28:00 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
[...]

Looks like they have many albums!!

Sort of reminds me of the group, Nazareth.

What I'm asking, you think the hum isn't on CD? Not sure what I was listening to on YouTube (vinyl/CD).

Jack

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 28/09/2015 10:20, Gareth Magennis wrote:

Sorry to be so demanding, but there are a few issues here too.
Particularly from 1.05 onwards. Sounds like someone muted the tweeters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsEHH0cDwHw

I particularly like this band.
Although they are apparently Australian, most of them are actually Scotch.

I love scotch. Glenlivet is my fave, but J&B is cheaper ! Johnny Walker
has far too much 3k. Oz scotch isn't that great though, it hums ....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 27/09/2015 23:10, JackA wrote:
Sort of reminds me of the group, Nazareth.

What I'm asking, you think the hum isn't on CD? Not sure what I was listening to on YouTube (vinyl/CD).

Listening to the hum and general distortion on the Youtube file, that's
a rip from a vinyl LP. The mix balance isn't quite the same as the MP3
(Which is presumably from the CD version) on the Amazon site, either.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Geoff" wrote in message

On 28/09/2015 10:20, Gareth Magennis wrote:

Sorry to be so demanding, but there are a few issues here too.
Particularly from 1.05 onwards. Sounds like someone muted the tweeters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsEHH0cDwHw

I particularly like this band.
Although they are apparently Australian, most of them are actually Scotch.

I love scotch. Glenlivet is my fave, but J&B is cheaper ! Johnny Walker
has far too much 3k. Oz scotch isn't that great though, it hums ....

geoff

J&B and Johnny Walker is cooking whisky.
Proper Scotch is an Islay single malt IMHO. Laphroaig is rather nice.
Tastes of Peat and The Sea.

Having lived in Glasgow for a few years, I know what really winds Scotch
people up.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 28/09/2015 20:24, Gareth Magennis wrote:

J&B and Johnny Walker is cooking whisky.
Proper Scotch is an Islay single malt IMHO. Laphroaig is rather nice.
Tastes of Peat and The Sea.

Laphroaig, to me, is like eating charcoal !

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 1:55:10 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 27/09/2015 23:10, JackA wrote:
Sort of reminds me of the group, Nazareth.

What I'm asking, you think the hum isn't on CD? Not sure what I was listening to on YouTube (vinyl/CD).

Listening to the hum and general distortion on the Youtube file, that's
a rip from a vinyl LP. The mix balance isn't quite the same as the MP3
(Which is presumably from the CD version) on the Amazon site, either.

Probably didn't have a pair of Phillips headphones to hear the balance!!

Thanks! :-)

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Geoff" wrote in message

On 28/09/2015 20:24, Gareth Magennis wrote:

J&B and Johnny Walker is cooking whisky.
Proper Scotch is an Islay single malt IMHO. Laphroaig is rather nice.
Tastes of Peat and The Sea.

Laphroaig, to me, is like eating charcoal !

geoff

The French call that "terroir".

That's what Islay tastes like.
(I hope there aren't too many sheep there)

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

понедељак, 28. септембар 2015. 07.09.04 UTC+2, Geoff је написао/ла:
On 28/09/2015 10:20, Gareth Magennis wrote:

Sorry to be so demanding, but there are a few issues here too.
Particularly from 1.05 onwards. Sounds like someone muted the tweeters..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsEHH0cDwHw

I particularly like this band.
Although they are apparently Australian, most of them are actually Scotch.

I love scotch. Glenlivet is my fave, but J&B is cheaper ! Johnny Walker
has far too much 3k. Oz scotch isn't that great though, it hums ....

geoff

Glenlivet, or The Glenlivet? I love The Glenlivet, ordinary package, you know, the regular cheapest version.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/09/2015 11:52, Luxey wrote:

I particularly like this band.
Although they are apparently Australian, most of them are actually Scotch.

I love scotch. Glenlivet is my fave, but J&B is cheaper ! Johnny Walker
has far too much 3k. Oz scotch isn't that great though, it hums ....

geoff

Glenlivet, or The Glenlivet? I love The Glenlivet, ordinary package, you know, the regular cheapest version.

The Glenlivet. I think. Beige cardboard tube.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Geoff" wrote in message

On 29/09/2015 11:52, Luxey wrote:

I particularly like this band.
Although they are apparently Australian, most of them are actually
Scotch.

I love scotch. Glenlivet is my fave, but J&B is cheaper ! Johnny Walker
has far too much 3k. Oz scotch isn't that great though, it hums ....

geoff

Glenlivet, or The Glenlivet? I love The Glenlivet, ordinary package, you
know, the regular cheapest version.

The Glenlivet. I think. Beige cardboard tube.

geoff

If you ever come across one, try a Bowmore. Much more subtle than the
Laphroig, and was my introduction to the single malt.

It really is worth paying for the older ones though, the difference is huge.
As is the price unfortunately.

McGareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:20:03 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"Geoff" wrote in message

On 29/09/2015 11:52, Luxey wrote:

I particularly like this band.
Although they are apparently Australian, most of them are actually
Scotch.

I love scotch. Glenlivet is my fave, but J&B is cheaper ! Johnny Walker
has far too much 3k. Oz scotch isn't that great though, it hums ....

geoff

Glenlivet, or The Glenlivet? I love The Glenlivet, ordinary package, you
know, the regular cheapest version.

The Glenlivet. I think. Beige cardboard tube.

geoff

If you ever come across one, try a Bowmore. Much more subtle than the
Laphroig, and was my introduction to the single malt.

Excuse for the interruption.. I played your (YouTube) tune (as 256k MP3), the one with supposedly 50Hz noise, but I didn't detect any.

Sorry.

Jack