Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default No pain, just gain

Bias controlled with minimum stress.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...elityaudio.php

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EddieM

nyob123 wrote

Bias controlled with minimum stress.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...elityaudio.php

Any particular entries in there that boggles your mind ?

C'mon, paste them up.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

Bias controlled with minimum stress.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...elityaudio.php

ABX?

No.

Did yo miss the several times I've said that ABX is not the only way to do a
reliable comparison of audio gear?

Blind listening is best for evaluation, sighted is best for everything else.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:51:13 GMT, wrote:

Blind listening is best for evaluation, sighted is best for everything else.

Blind is good for sex too.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

Bias controlled with minimum stress.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...elityaudio.php

ABX?

No.

Did yo miss the several times I've said that ABX is not the only way to do
a reliable comparison of audio gear?

Blind listening is best for evaluation, sighted is best for everything
else.

No, it should be evaluated in the real world day to day listening
environment, afa as one's
home system goes.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

Bias controlled with minimum stress.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...elityaudio.php

ABX?

No.

Did yo miss the several times I've said that ABX is not the only way to
do a reliable comparison of audio gear?

Blind listening is best for evaluation, sighted is best for everything
else.

No, it should be evaluated in the real world day to day listening
environment, afa as one's
home system goes.

IOW, evaluations should be done in the least relaible, most prone to error
way you can think of.

Sorry, but the evidence is against you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

Bias controlled with minimum stress.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...elityaudio.php

ABX?

No.

Did yo miss the several times I've said that ABX is not the only way to
do a reliable comparison of audio gear?

Blind listening is best for evaluation, sighted is best for everything
else.

No, it should be evaluated in the real world day to day listening
environment, afa as one's
home system goes.

IOW, evaluations should be done in the least relaible, most prone to error
way you can think of.

Sorry, but the evidence is against you.

After you come back from the 'lab', there uare,
back at home, day after day, listening to music
in that 'horrible' environment.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

Bias controlled with minimum stress.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...elityaudio.php

ABX?

No.

Did yo miss the several times I've said that ABX is not the only way to
do a reliable comparison of audio gear?

Blind listening is best for evaluation, sighted is best for everything
else.

No, it should be evaluated in the real world day to day listening
environment, afa as one's
home system goes.

IOW, evaluations should be done in the least relaible, most prone to
error way you can think of.

Sorry, but the evidence is against you.

After you come back from the 'lab', there uare,
back at home, day after day, listening to music
in that 'horrible' environment.

You can do an ABX test at home. As long as you match the levels and can't
see what DUT is active at any given moment. Removing bias doesn't mean
leaving home.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

[...]

Get it straight.
The 'lab' I refer to is the test envirionment, no matter the location.
'Home' refers to your normal listening environment,
'environment' refers to mode, i.e., relaxed listening for purposes of
enjoyment,
you know, the environment with all those biases.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

[...]

I got it, you refuse to accept that one of the most valuable tools for
determining subtle difference will actually work for that purpose.

Now all you have to do is understand why that position is erroneous.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

[...]

Cause it doesn't work for that purpose when you go
back to sighted listining and the difference is still there.
it is useless for consumer purposes, because
consumer listening is sighted lsitening for
the sake of enjoyment. The DBT results, whether
negative or positive are useless, they do not
apply to consumer listening.

Now all you have to do is understand why that position is erroneous.

Its your position that is erroneous, applied to
the point of view of the consumer, for his own
audio equipment selections.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...

"Signal" wrote in message
" emitted :

[...]

If the consumer has the idea that one of the components he's considering
buying sounds different than what he already has, then a DBT is one way to
find out. non-bias controlled listening, is not reliable for evaluation.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Cause it doesn't work for that purpose when you go
back to sighted listining and the difference is still there.
it is useless for consumer purposes, because
consumer listening is sighted lsitening for
the sake of enjoyment. The DBT results, whether
negative or positive are useless, they do not
apply to consumer listening.

Now all you have to do is understand why that position is erroneous.

Its your position that is erroneous, applied to
the point of view of the consumer, for his own
audio equipment selections.

If the consumer has the idea that one of the components he's considering
buying sounds different than what he already has, then a DBT is one way to
find out. non-bias controlled listening, is not reliable for evaluation.

Sure it is, its the normal mode for listening to music.
Try out the equipment in your normal mode.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

Except that the research says otherwise. Where is the research that
demonstrates your view is correct? Answer: It doesn't exist.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

WHAT RESEARCH ? there is NO research on the question
of what amp or cd players I prefer to listen through.
I didn't think the question was THAT important!

Mikey there is no relevant research for this,
nor is there any research regarding whether I like
Heinz or Hunts ketchup the best.

Validity of audio tests Mark DeBellis High End Audio 598 September 15th 05 04:13 AM
Preamp. wanted BHV Vacuum Tubes 6 April 22nd 05 03:21 AM
triode vs. pentodes maxdm Vacuum Tubes 20 February 28th 05 12:36 AM
Turner the Ostrich ?? Phil Allison Vacuum Tubes 45 December 2nd 03 01:58 AM
What is a Distressor ? Rick Knepper Pro Audio 5 July 22nd 03 05:58 PM