Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] Bill.K9KZ@gmail.com is offline

Default Sound Cards

Which sound cards will give the best stereo performance? I think I
need a new one.

Bill
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message ...

Which sound cards will give the best stereo performance? I think I
need a new one.

For high end performance at high end prices, check out Lynx Studio
Technology. L22 is their stereo model.

For almost the same performance at a far lower price, check out eMU
Systems. The 0404 PCI is their lowest cost stereo model, and more
appropriate for consumer audio applications. The 1212M PCI is the next notch
up.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Alan Hoyle Alan Hoyle is offline

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:47:29, Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message ...

Which sound cards will give the best stereo performance? I think I
need a new one.

For high end performance at high end prices, check out Lynx Studio
Technology. L22 is their stereo model.

For almost the same performance at a far lower price, check out eMU
Systems. The 0404 PCI is their lowest cost stereo model, and more
appropriate for consumer audio applications. The 1212M PCI is the next notch
up.

Can anyone recommend a low priced ($150) PCI card or USB device that
will give decent quality, low-latency digital 5.1 output (DTS or DD)?

I'm not going to be doing recording, so that's not a priority for me.

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

wrote in message

Which sound cards will give the best stereo performance? I think I
need a new one.

For high end performance at high end prices, check out Lynx Studio
Technology. L22 is their stereo model.

For almost the same performance at a far lower price, check out eMU
Systems. The 0404 PCI is their lowest cost stereo model, and more
appropriate for consumer audio applications. The 1212M PCI is the next
notch
up.

Can anyone recommend a low priced ($150) PCI card or USB device that
will give decent quality, low-latency digital 5.1 output (DTS or DD)?

Just about anything with a Toslink or SP/DIF output. There are some $39 USB
interfaces that will do the job.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Randy Yates Randy Yates is offline

http://www.pricewatch.com/sound_cards/external_5.1.htm
--
% Randy Yates % "She's sweet on Wagner-I think she'd die for Beethoven.
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % She love the way Puccini lays down a tune, and
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Codifus Codifus is offline

On Oct 21, 10:26 am, wrote:
Which sound cards will give the best stereo performance? I think I
need a new one.

Bill

What soundcard do you have now?

CD
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

wrote in message

Which sound cards will give the best stereo performance? I think I
need a new one.

For high end performance at high end prices, check out Lynx Studio
Technology. L22 is their stereo model.

For almost the same performance at a far lower price, check out eMU
Systems. The 0404 PCI is their lowest cost stereo model, and more
appropriate for consumer audio applications. The 1212M PCI is the next
notch
up.

Can anyone recommend a low priced ($150) PCI card or USB device that
will give decent quality, low-latency digital 5.1 output (DTS or DD)?

Just about anything with a Toslink or SP/DIF output. There are some $39
USB
interfaces that will do the job.

Examples:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/amigo/home.aspx

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tical_5_1.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...51&ATT=29-101-

Sound Cards Michael Pro Audio 30 November 23rd 05 03:37 PM
Sound cards ARE different JeffK Tech 55 April 20th 04 10:08 PM
Sound cards Marcos Marrero Pro Audio 11 April 6th 04 04:24 PM
Sound cards Marcos Marrero High End Audio 7 April 3rd 04 06:05 PM