Posted to rec.audio.high-end
rcs3 rcs3 is offline

Default Outrageous Audio

Check out this link:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/audiophil...nly-309460.php

All the latest snake oil

Rick
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
DJ[_2_] DJ[_2_] is offline

Now isn't that something. LOL My favorite is the Audio Note AN-E Sogon.
It kind of resembles a glorified Harbeth model which is already incredibly
expensive in its own right. I've never seen such an overpriced speaker in
my life. C'mon, what can be put in a pair of modest sized loudspeakers that
would cost anyone anywhere near $108,000(!!!) -forget the exchage rate
between the Euro and the US Dollar.

Ref - http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm

However, I can relate to this video on You Tube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

"rcs3" wrote in message
Check out this link:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/audiophil...nly-309460.php

All the latest snake oil

Rick

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jerome Jerome is offline

DJ wrote:

However, I can relate to this video on You Tube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

******rific!!!

But... so much money for an LP player, and it sits there exposed to the dust
all the time...
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:49:33 -0700, DJ wrote
(in article ):

Now isn't that something. LOL My favorite is the Audio Note AN-E Sogon.
It kind of resembles a glorified Harbeth model which is already incredibly
expensive in its own right. I've never seen such an overpriced speaker in
my life. C'mon, what can be put in a pair of modest sized loudspeakers that
would cost anyone anywhere near $108,000(!!!) -forget the exchage rate
between the Euro and the US Dollar.

Ref - http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm

They say that there's one born every minute. I looked at this speaker's
web-site over carefully and see nothing other than a relatively high
efficiency (for a bookshelf) to recommend it. It doesn't have anything going
for it that in any way suggests that its worth 1/10 what they're asking for
it.

However, I can relate to this video on You Tube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

"rcs3" wrote in message
Check out this link:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/audiophil...ent-gallery-fo
r-audiophools-only-309460.php

All the latest snake oil

Rick

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:21:18 -0700, Jerome wrote
(in article ):

DJ wrote:

However, I can relate to this video on You Tube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

******rific!!!

But... so much money for an LP player, and it sits there exposed to the dust
all the time...

You could have a custom plexiglass cover made for it, and buy a small crane
to lift it - assuming you have the ceiling height...