Monroe

Default A22 Alternatives

Eyeing an Arcam A22 integrated amp. Nice, but lots of other features
that I'd rather not be paying for. Any similarly priced (or cheaper)
amps that offer similar performance but are down to the basics?
--

Monroe

Monroe wrote:
Eyeing an Arcam A22 integrated amp. Nice, but lots of other features
that I'd rather not be paying for. Any similarly priced (or cheaper)
amps that offer similar performance but are down to the basics?

I think the A22 was discontinued several years ago, replaced by the
A32. At the very least, you can save yourself the cost of that fancy
faceplate by getting the A90.

The obvious choices for basic integrateds in that class are the Rotel
RA-1070 ($1200) and the NAD C-372 ($900).

bob