merc

Default ESX Q1204 Amp Balanced Cable Connections?

After several years absence, I have decided to re-do my old car, using some
of my old gear which has been sitting in my office.

I'd like to use my old ESX Q1204 amp, and this time, use the balanced
inputs. I have the original balanced cables which I bought with the amp but
never used. These cables use a mini-din type, 6 pin, male connector on each
end of the cable.Each cable carries two channels.

What headunits, if any, use this type of balanced output connections?

If no headunits use this balanced connector, is there a cable adapter which
will convert the balanced RCA type output found on some headunits to the
mini-din type found on the ESX?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Take Care,
merc
teamROCS #116

dogsbark26 dogsbark26 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc View Post
After several years absence, I have decided to re-do my old car, using some of my old gear which has been sitting in my office.

I'd like to use my old ESX Q1204 amp, and this time, use the balanced
inputs. I have the original balanced cables which I bought with the amp but
never used. These cables use a mini-din type, 6 pin, male connector on each
end of the cable. Each cable carries two channels.

What headunits, if any, use this type of balanced output connections?

If no headunits use this balanced connector, is there a cable adapter which
will convert the balanced RCA type output found on some headunits to the
mini-din type found on the ESX?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Take Care,
merc
teamROCS #116
Hello. I just bought two ESX Q120.4 amps and I too would like to use the balanced inputs. I bought them used and they naturally did not come with balanced connectors but I've done some research and believe the ESX Quantum Q120.4 amplifier has a miniature 6-pin DIN socket which carries the four balanced audio inputs and also has low voltage supplies to power ancillary equipment (such as the ESX balanced line driver).
I think I've found a source for the connectors at http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...138&sku=01747#.
I still need to find the pin-out for the ESX though so I can figure out how to make a cable.

I haven't finished my research yet but the ARC Audio SRI (Signal Restoration & Integration) unit is the one I'm looking at. It uses differential circuitry (as opposed to transformer-based) to perform the conversion from unbalanced to balanced transmission line. It does, however, use RJ45 connector and CAT5 cable so it is clear that to use this unit either of us would need to construct our own interconnect cables.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Experience with looking for a Alpine KCA-801B cable Dwaine Garden Car Audio 0 March 11th 04 03:13 AM
FS: SOUNDSTREAM CLOSEOUTS AND MORE!! Nexxon Car Audio 0 November 21st 03 03:59 AM
cabling explained Midlant Car Audio 8 November 14th 03 04:07 AM
Seeking advice on speaker cable Eric the Mac Guy General 12 September 17th 03 11:39 AM
Monster cable RCAs, Old -VS- New? Kevin McMurtrie Car Audio 13 July 14th 03 10:46 PM