Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Peter is offline

Default QUAD 2812 and 2912, etc.

I wonder if anyone might have had an opportunity to listen to the brand-new
QUAD 2812 and 2912 ESLs, and perhaps also to compare them to the previous
QUAD 2805 and 2905 ESLs?

Since Taiga is no longer the USA importer for QUAD products, I also wonder
if anyone might know if there is now a new importer for the QUAD product
line, and who that might be?

Thank you for your interest and consideration.
Henkada Henkada is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I wonder if anyone might have had an opportunity to listen to the brand-new
QUAD 2812 and 2912 ESLs, and perhaps also to compare them to the previous
QUAD 2805 and 2905 ESLs?

Since Taiga is no longer the USA importer for QUAD products, I also wonder
if anyone might know if there is now a new importer for the QUAD product
line, and who that might be?

Thank you for your interest and consideration.
[Henkada]

Hi Peter,

I am sorry to say that Quad refer on their website that the famous Ken Kessler wrote the review about the ESL-2912 in HiFi News.

That’s not true. I wish he did that! Now you can read that only “Many audiophiles” who like Stats find this speaker the King. Not the reviewers, or other audience.

The reviewers of this article write: The bass stays strong, but the crack of percussion and attack of those feverish-sounding stings jus lack a little confidence.
And: “neither do they deliver the kind of punchy, grippy sound that you get from a pair of very well-damped moving-coil floorstanders.

Though not so friendly, super positive that you could expect from Ken Kessler.

I am disappointed about the review. Sorry.

If you have read the review also, plase give comment.

Henk

The Netherlands