Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ is offline

Default Anyone know anything about Octave Mandolin strings?

I'm addicted to Elixir strings but they don't make Octave Mandolin
Strings. I want the next best thing.... any ideas. I know this isn't a
mandolin group but I trust people i know more...

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ is offline

On Nov 4, 8:23*pm, "Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~"
wrote:
I'm addicted to Elixir strings but they don't make Octave Mandolin
Strings. I want the next best thing.... any ideas. I know this isn't a
mandolin group but I trust people i know more...

Thanks

PS - what I have been doing is using 2 sets of elixir guitar strings.
They are alomst dead on what I want for gauge but I'm wasting 4
strings a re-string.

Anyway, if any of you play octave out there and have a good idea on
where to get good sounding strings, I'm listing. thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 11/4/2011 10:21 PM, Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ wrote:

I'm addicted to Elixir strings but they don't make Octave Mandolin
Strings.

- what I have been doing is using 2 sets of elixir guitar strings.

You can buy Elixir strings (and just about any other brand)
individually. Decide what gauge you want and order them. Not
too many music stores carry individual strings any more but
there are a number of on-line sources. Since you're using
guitar strings, I guess your mandola doesn't need loop end
strings, but they're out there if you look.

http://www.elixirstrings.com/product...r-strings.html

or try http://www.juststrings.com/

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ is offline

On Nov 5, 6:56*am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 11/4/2011 10:21 PM, Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ wrote:

I'm addicted to Elixir strings but they don't make Octave Mandolin
Strings.

- what I have been doing is using 2 sets of elixir guitar strings.

You can buy Elixir strings (and just about any other brand)
individually. Decide what gauge you want and order them. Not
too many music stores carry individual strings any more but
there are a number of on-line sources. Since you're using
guitar strings, I guess your mandola doesn't need loop end
strings, but they're out there if you look.

http://www.elixirstrings.com/product...r-strings.html

or tryhttp://www.juststrings.com/

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com- useful and
interesting audio stuff

Thanks Mike. That's perfect and yes, ball end work on mine.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Cressey Mike Cressey is offline

OMG - Danny & I have almost something in common. I play mandolin & I
recently got an Irish Bouzouki which may be able to be tuned similar
to an Octave mandolin. I was going to suggest JustStrings.com as
well.

I like Elixir strings as well but decided to try other brands since
they are a little expensive. I actually like Cleartones better than
Elixir's but they are even more expensive.

You may just have to suite for some good phosphor bronze strings and
get used to changing them more often.

Mike

What's the mic on the mandolin? stv Pro Audio 26 September 7th 08 01:03 PM
Anyone know a guitar that is tuned higher to sound mandolin-ish??? Danny T Pro Audio 26 January 17th 06 05:54 PM
FS A-40 Gibson mandolin Like NEW original Hardware Rado Stefano Pro Audio 0 January 14th 06 10:34 PM
Need strings in my mix IS Pro Audio 10 May 2nd 05 03:52 PM
strings by FTP [email protected] Pro Audio 0 December 22nd 04 10:34 AM