Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default Disco sucks

Dear Scott,

Your editorial in the latest recording mag was hysterical. Especially the last bit about your and mike's recollection. Thanks for that.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/4/2017 2:07 PM, Nate Najar wrote:
Dear Scott,

Your editorial in the latest recording mag was hysterical. Especially the last bit about your and mike's recollection.

I actually don't remember remembering seeing a contest winner, but I
might have remembered seeing a mockup of what they expected someone
would make work. I can confirm Richard Factor's statement that they had
no entries, however. I ran into Richard at last year's NAB show and we
had some time to talk about old times. I mentioned that contest and he
said "you know, we never got a single entry."

Still, it was a clever idea.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Nate Najar" wrote in message

Dear Scott,

Your editorial in the latest recording mag was hysterical. Especially the
last bit about your and mike's recollection. Thanks for that.

+1.

Poly

---

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 07/04/2017 11:07 AM, Nate Najar wrote:
Dear Scott,

Your editorial in the latest recording mag was hysterical. Especially
the last bit about your and mike's recollection. Thanks for that.

Is there a link, or is it hard-copy only?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Hard copy. Buy the magazine so they keep printing it and keep hiring Scott, Mike and Paul to write!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 4:00:42 PM UTC-4, Nate Najar wrote:
Hard copy. Buy the magazine so they keep printing it and keep hiring Scott, Mike and Paul to write!

Ah, an ulterior motive!

You see that a lot in usenet!

Jack :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

On 7/5/2017 4:00 PM, Nate Najar wrote:
Hard copy. Buy the magazine so they keep printing it and keep hiring Scott, Mike and Paul to write!

That's what advertising is for. I used to love reading it, but since I don't qualify for a free subscription, I stick
with the others that are still free. It's a good magazine.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

mcp6453 wrote:
On 7/5/2017 4:00 PM, Nate Najar wrote:
Hard copy. Buy the magazine so they keep printing it and keep hiring Scott, Mike and Paul to write!

That's what advertising is for. I used to love reading it, but since I don't qualify for a free subscription, I stick
with the others that are still free. It's a good magazine.

I think Recording and Resolution are about the only ones left that don't give
out free subscriptions to the industry.

It's not like in the nineties when there was a lot more money changing hands,
MIX was an inch and a half thick every month, and advertising revenues were
very high. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Still, somehow Tape Op manages to keep turning out a remarkably good magazine
month to month, in spite of an entirely volunteer crew.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nate Najar wrote:
Dear Scott,

Your editorial in the latest recording mag was hysterical. Especially the last bit about your and mike's recollection. Thanks for that.

Thank you.
This is why I like going to shows, there's always something crazy. Sometimes
you don't realize how crazy it is for a decade or more, though.