Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Why LP crackle between tracks on an otherwise quiet LP?

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 12:45:51 PM UTC-4, Brassplyer wrote:
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 7:52:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I do not see vacuum being able to suck embedded debris from groves. I mean,
I probably didn't do much with a brush, warm water and detergent, but what I
did do was loosen/soften the debris, and that is why it kept collecting around
the stylus afterward.

Jack

It's not just the vacuum - the crud gets sucked out once it's been loosened with the surfactant solution and then subsequently removed along with the rinse.

Oh, okay! I like that!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 20to20.keith@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, 23 June 2017 02:45:51 UTC+10, Brassplyer wrote:
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 7:52:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I do not see vacuum being able to suck embedded debris from groves. I mean,
I probably didn't do much with a brush, warm water and detergent, but what I
did do was loosen/soften the debris, and that is why it kept collecting around
the stylus afterward.

Jack

Follow Scott's advice, microscopically examine the intertrack grooves for physical damage.
There is always the option (discussed before) of using an ultrasonic cleaner with the above liquids i.e. distilled water, some alcohol for drying and a surfactant.

I like to use a fine nozzle on an air compressor with a low flow rate as well.

Keith.

Speaker crackle rmoran Car Audio 2 June 25th 07 02:50 PM
pioneer crackle chezruss Pro Audio 1 November 3rd 06 03:44 PM
Audacity: how to split long tracks to shorter tracks Hla Thein Pro Audio 5 March 16th 06 09:54 AM
snap crackle pop John Ray Vacuum Tubes 6 May 10th 05 12:57 AM
Comparison of Quiet PC's & US Vendors of Quiet PC's Jim Mitchell Pro Audio 20 September 30th 03 01:51 PM