Posted to rec.audio.high-end
J.B. Wood J.B. Wood is offline

Default Rotel RCD-855 Fix

Hello, all. I purchased the subject CDP about 20 years ago after
reading a glowing review in stereophile mag. It has performed
flawlessly until several days ago when it abruptly starting making some
rattling noises and now refuses to read any CDs. An inserted disk spins
for a few seconds then stops with a resulting steady red "error"
indicator comes on and track number 1 not being displayed. Hitting the
"play" or "scan" buttons will again cause the CD to spin but also
doesn't bring up any tracks.

Googling around a bit I found others had similar issues with the unit
and my problem could be a dirty lens (doesn't seem likely), weak/failed
laser or some other component(s). Most of the Google info was from
about 10 years ago.

Can anyone add anything further and does anyone know of a competent
repair facility (preferably in the Wash DC metro area)? Thanks for your
time and comment. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

Rotel RCD 991 vs. Rotel RCD 1072 Dermegy High End Audio 2 March 18th 05 01:44 AM
Rotel RCD 991 vs. Rotel RCD 1072 Dermegy Audio Opinions 0 March 17th 05 01:31 AM
Rotel jake General 0 October 19th 04 08:51 PM
Fa:Rotel RCD-855 Cd Steve Marketplace 0 December 6th 03 03:54 AM
Rotel 980 bx Jørgen Christiansen Tech 1 August 5th 03 01:20 AM