Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Turneraudio website just re-posted

I have a message to the 10 ppl who have read my site since 2000.
I have just posted up a fresh copy of my web site and links which used to work may not all work now. Content is now up to approximately 37MB and I suggest those who have an old copy should delete it and replace with the latest.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Roger Jones Roger Jones is offline

On Thursday, 9 August 2012 20:19:21 UTC-4, Patrick Turner wrote:
I have a message to the 10 ppl who have read my site since 2000.

I have just posted up a fresh copy of my web site and links which used to work may not all work now. Content is now up to approximately 37MB and I suggest those who have an old copy should delete it and replace with the latest.

Where possible, I have retained old wisdom where it was self evident (IMHO) and removed unecessary bull**** where I thought it wasted everyone's time (IMHO). I hope ppl find more depth of info, and that my site is a reasonable reference joint for those who are actually going to succeed in making a peice of working audio gear. I think 2 ppl world wide succeeded last year, but 50 ppl have given up; there is a high ratio of starters to finishers :-)

Someone asked me to make my site "stuff" available in book form. Well, its like going forward to the past. Hugh Manity is about done with books. We read the Internet instead. I figured the cost to make a batch of 500 hard cover book copies would be about $50 per copy, ie, $20,000, or about 4/5 of average annual wage of Australians. Then there is my time and costs I have not listed. Chances are I'd sell 10 copies over the next 5 years, so don't hold your breath while I make a paper copy of a website!

But do feel free to print your own paper copy if you want, and downsize the large text size suitable for older guys with bad eyes to suit young blokes.

Page layout can be a pain to get right, and then you'd have to make a decent index, and all that takes time. I should have a 'search-this-site' program built into it so for example, if someone dials in "feedback", they get all the paragraphs with the word feedback. Do it yourself if you want it!

I know my 2 new pages on anode dissipation and OTL amp considerations are still being worked on so links to these 2 pages won't work.

I think I have got all other links working OK, but let me know if you find something wrong.

Please do be horribly offended by my graphic personal medical history details :-).

If you are offended, then maybe you won't like the same **** that happened to me to happen to you, but there is hope that life can be extended by doctors even though one feels like a monkey in a test lab where new treatments are tried. Eventually we end up as dead monkeys, and I know I mean no offense, but its reality. And old age health may be defined as finding out how to die most slowly.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick, congratulations on your retirement... and continued work! Visited your new website briefly (bookmarked) and will return in due course...
I like your implied message "build stuff" and, in my book, that includes refurbishing classics to better than new.
Very best,
Roger