Posted to rec.audio.pro
joe h joe h is offline

Default quick AES show observations

Ozone booth had a lot of attention.

Sonnox Supressor (not sure how to spell it) plugin... may be really
good for de-essing.

MXL has a new RE20 style mic: BCC-1

Telefunken is rocking it big time with their new U47-style model
(including a VF14 retrofit tube).

Charter Oak makes mics, but their *headphones* used to listen to their
mics were what captured my attention.

People still like to play around with Pendulum analog tube boxes and
things like that.

Some booth that had a big speaker setup was hogging too much of the
noise space on Sunday. I refused to go over there on the grounds of
bad manners.

The Millennia Media TD-1 is crazy heavy. I tried picking one up...
holy cow. Is that "portable"?

Josephson has a really cool black screen on one of their expensive
mics. It's some sort of space-age stuff that redirects the wind.
They should license that to other manufacturers and make a ton of
money.

Sanken has some mics at about $3000 each that have two diaphragms in
them. Like a stereo speaker, it's like a crossover. The two
diaphragms divide the frequency capture responsibility.

Mackie was not there. I didn't see Algorithmix either.

Observations Bret L Audio Opinions 2 April 27th 10 10:22 AM
Roland CD-2 observations Peter A. Stoll Pro Audio 1 September 6th 06 07:58 AM
.Milan Show Report + RMAF Show. [email protected] High End Audio 0 September 25th 05 10:03 PM
George W. Bush Action Figure - Neil Rogers Show & Phil Hendrie Show Bruce J. Richman Audio Opinions 16 February 21st 04 11:22 PM
R-880 observations Rob Adelman Pro Audio 0 December 3rd 03 05:30 PM