Boraman Boraman is offline
Junior Member

Default Sony 505RF CD Changer

Hi I had a problem with my Sony 605CDX CD changer only playing through one speaker which went with a Sony XR-C6100R head unit, the changer worked via a three leads a control and one white and one red lead. I bought a Sony 505RF CD changer thinking it would work with my head unit, I conected it up and my head unit knows it is there but just displays a reset message the 505 does not have a restet button and I have looked it up and it appears to need a hideaway module which has the reset button on it I don't have this module.

The head unit works two MD players and they work through all speakers and so does the radio so not sure whats wrong or how to make the 505RF work? Is there someway of making it a plug and play unit without the need of the hideaway module?

Sorry to have to ask a rather long question as my first post but I am hoping you can help.

Kind regards
Ray