Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

Default Anybody up on wireless in-ear monitor systems?

I'm working some clubs in Nashville that have multiple bands, rotating
every 4 hours. They run from 10am-3am, 7 days per week. I work regular
shift, almost like a day job.

I want to use in-ear style monitoring but don't want to hassle with the
cost or constant setup/tear down of a standard in-ear system with
dedicated transmitter and receiver. I've been toying with using a
low-power FM transmitter (like for an ipod) and standard FM radios with
in-ear phones. It's working okay except the transmitter isn't strong
enough and I get some interference.

Can anyone recommend a good FM transmitter that might work in the
50-150 ft range without the interference? The idea being the
transmitter stays put and the rest of the bands are free to then start
bringing their own radio and ear buds. Everything's compatible
(hopefully).

Any thoughts?

Wireless ? Bill Lampman General 28 June 15th 05 01:39 AM
Wireless ? Bill Lampman Pro Audio 35 June 15th 05 01:39 AM
Wireless ? Bill Lampman Tech 28 June 15th 05 01:39 AM
Wireless ULXS Series Beta 87A barry womb Pro Audio 0 October 20th 03 09:12 PM
Possible to convert to wireless speakers? Barry Mann Tech 0 September 8th 03 12:42 AM