Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Radio problems

Hey guys, I have a 1996 Dodge Caravan with the factory radio. My radio
will not power on and the clock will not display. If I put a cassette
in the player I can hear it working, but i cant get any noise out of
the unit. Is there something in the unit that would allow the cassette
to have power but the rest of the unit not? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks
Ryan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Austin Becker

could be a number of things... did you check the fuse box to see if you've
burned up any fuses?

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey guys, I have a 1996 Dodge Caravan with the factory radio. My radio
will not power on and the clock will not display. If I put a cassette
in the player I can hear it working, but i cant get any noise out of
the unit. Is there something in the unit that would allow the cassette
to have power but the rest of the unit not? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks
Ryan

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey guys, I have a 1996 Dodge Caravan with the factory radio. My radio
will not power on and the clock will not display. If I put a cassette
in the player I can hear it working, but i cant get any noise out of
the unit. Is there something in the unit that would allow the cassette
to have power but the rest of the unit not? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks
Ryan

Look under the hood, there is a fuse box there.
the is a small 10 amp fuse with a yellow "handle" on it. this is a memory
fuse for the vehicle.
that fuse may be bad

Posted to rec.audio.car

I just checked the fuse panel under the hood, with no luck. All the
fuses appear to be o.k. Do you know if there is an in-line fuse for
the radio that may be under the dash?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just checked the fuse panel under the hood, with no luck. All the
fuses appear to be o.k. Do you know if there is an in-line fuse for
the radio that may be under the dash?

There is no inline fuse on the factory Radio.
The Acc fuse is in the fuse box inside the car, and the memory/battery fuse
is under the hood.
If both those fuses are ok, your factory deck may be defective

Posted to rec.audio.car

UPDATE!!! Driving down the road today the radio came on. after a
minute of listening it goes out again. Probably the radio is fried.