elduderino

We have an Acura TSX, which is very similar (Honda Accord for
Japan/Europe), and I suspect you can put in anything you want if you
make 1" spacer rings. I made 3/4" spacers for the speaker, which was
about 1/4" thick, and then made a 1/4" trim ring that flushed the
speaker into the ring. This 1" ring, plus about 1/8" of foam
weatherstripping tape from Home Depot, allowed the dor panel to mate up
flush to the back of the door panel, just like the factory 6", and
then the door panel acts as a baffle.

If you want pics,
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13634 and
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13643.

Note that I put in 5.25 mids, but you could put it a lot of 6 and
6.5's. I think Crutchfield calls out those two because of the spacers
that come in the kit.

--
elduderino
elduderino's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=30326

jack

Default 2004 Accord Sedan : installer question

Hello all,
I am looking for front speakers. According to crutchfield, only two Pioneer
TS-G1340R & Rockford Fosgate FRC4205 fit my car.

In your experience, what other brands and models have you been installing.
I am putting mb quart DTE 169 in the back.

Thanks for your time.

BC Drums

A beautiful guide! Nice work. I'm looking for a similar step-by-step for
a Toyota Highlander.

BC

elduderino wrote:

If you want pics,
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13634 and
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13643.

Mister_B

You can fit 6.5" speakers with this adapter
http://store.yahoo.com/millionbuy/aihsb518.html

--
Mister_B
Mister_B's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=28133