Golden80

Default New subs keep cutting out.

I just got a pair of JL Audio W0's and a JBL 300.1 amp. They play great
but will just cut out after about 5-10 minutes of playing. The power
light on the amp is still green and I checked the wires and everything
is wired together well. Just wondering what I should check out. Is the
amp bad?

Matt
--
Golden80
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=154708

Soundfreak03

I just got a pair of JL Audio W0's and a JBL 300.1 amp. They play great
but will just cut out after about 5-10 minutes of playing. The power
light on the amp is still green and I checked the wires and everything
is wired together well. Just wondering what I should check out. Is the
amp bad?

How do you have them wired? If they are in parallel they then they are
presenting a 2ohm load to the amp (assuming they are each 4ohm) and though I
have not personally used the JL amp I bet that it does not like the 2ohm load.
Wire them in series too create an 8ohm load, use only one sub, or try and trade
them for 2 8ohm models.

Les

Golden80

The amp says it can handle a 2 ohm load. The salesman sold me the amp
and promised that it would be able to handle it.
--
Golden80
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=154708

Onyi C. Ejiasa

Do you notice that the amp is hotter than normal? Does the amp resume its
duties after it cools or does it remain off once it cuts out?

Onyi C. Ejiasa - NWT, NCW, NCLA
[[[[[ Vote For My Install on Sounddomain ]]]]]
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/blaqaltima
Questions + Advice -
"Golden80" wrote in message
s.com...
I just got a pair of JL Audio W0's and a JBL 300.1 amp. They play great
but will just cut out after about 5-10 minutes of playing. The power
light on the amp is still green and I checked the wires and everything
is wired together well. Just wondering what I should check out. Is the
amp bad?

Matt
--
Golden80
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=154708

mixmastersmike

I have the jbl 300.1 also. I had a 2ohm dual voice coil in each I wired
in parallel for a 1 ohm load. Allthough the amp's specs claims it can
handle a 1 ohm load, the amp gets very hot and does shut off in 5-10
mins. A 2 ohm load though, and the amp runs fine. (still a bit hot, but
I guess that's common.)

MMS
--
mixmastersmike
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=154708

Paul Vina

Are you running a single DVC sub or a pair? If it's a pair then the amp was
seeing .5 ohms, not 1 ohm. If you have the loudness on the HU turned on it
can cause the same problem.

Paul Vina

"mixmastersmike" m wrote in
message s.com...
I have the jbl 300.1 also. I had a 2ohm dual voice coil in each I wired
in parallel for a 1 ohm load. Allthough the amp's specs claims it can
handle a 1 ohm load, the amp gets very hot and does shut off in 5-10
mins. A 2 ohm load though, and the amp runs fine. (still a bit hot, but
I guess that's common.)

MMS
--
mixmastersmike
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=154708

mixmastersmike

It was just a single sub

MMS
--
mixmastersmike
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=154708

mixmastersmike

jvc-sh99 i meant, not 909

MMS
--
mixmastersmike
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=154708

Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM
Subwoofer direction Doobie-Doo Car Audio 108 August 13th 03 04:15 PM
help wireing amp to subs question StevenM Car Audio 2 July 8th 03 01:54 AM
Boston 8" Pro subs in trunk? Chall70 Car Audio 1 July 6th 03 05:56 AM