Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] jlgotham@gmail.com is offline

Default Series Shunt regulator

Hi!
I posted this on my friend's behalf. Thanks in advance for your advice!!

"I have a series regulator board on hand that comprises 6080, 6SL7 and OB2. Can I have this series regulator feeding the Janus shunt tube regulator? Possible? I need some advice.

The power supply will have tube rectification and LC choke after the rectifier tube."

Regards,
JL
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
patrick-turner patrick-turner is offline

On Friday, 12 April 2013 21:29:17 UTC+10, wrote:
Hi! I posted this on my friend's behalf. Thanks in advance for your advice!! "I have a series regulator board on hand that comprises 6080, 6SL7 and OB2. Can I have this series regulator feeding the Janus shunt tube regulator? Possible? I need some advice. The power supply will have tube rectification and LC choke after the rectifier tube." Regards, JL

Probably you can do what you want, if normal output voltage of series reg with 6080 is just above normal input to shunt regulator. But we have no schematics to work with, and only a reference to a Janus gadgetty thinge - whatever. Is it prudent to ask questions without giving full details of what you plan to do with bits you wish to connect, and why?

Patrick Turner.

John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick-turner View Post
On Friday, 12 April 2013 21:29:17 UTC+10, wrote:
Hi! I posted this on my friend's behalf. Thanks in advance for your advice!! "I have a series regulator board on hand that comprises 6080, 6SL7 and OB2. Can I have this series regulator feeding the Janus shunt tube regulator? Possible? I need some advice. The power supply will have tube rectification and LC choke after the rectifier tube." Regards, JL

Probably you can do what you want, if normal output voltage of series reg with 6080 is just above normal input to shunt regulator. But we have no schematics to work with, and only a reference to a Janus gadgetty thinge - whatever. Is it prudent to ask questions without giving full details of what you plan to do with bits you wish to connect, and why?

Patrick Turner.
Patrick is correct, it would be nice to have more information.

I found the 26 page note on this marvelous Janus regulator. Strictley speaking it is not a regulator at all since it has no reference, Zener, VR Tube, Battery, Whatever. The information provided shows this socalled regulator comes with its own DC power source, no need for the extra help of your 0B2, 6SL7, 6080........which is a regulator, probably connected in the voltage mode.

What amplifier will this be used with?

Cheers, John
Attached Images