Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_10_] Chuck[_10_] is offline

Default Paradigm PS-12 subwoofer amp. repair tip.

Paradigm didn't supply schematics to these when I worked for a dealer
but a friend asked me to see if I could fix his. I wasn't very
optimistic but I said OK. There was a slight hum when it was turned
on but there was no output of the input signal. If the shield of the
rca cable was touched, the hum increased slightly. I thought the
input rca jacks looked familiar from a repair I did years ago where
there was no continuity from the shield to solder tab.. Some how the
plate the shield of the rca jacks connect to separates from the solder
tab. Without destroying the jack assy., it is impossible to see what
breaks. Running a wire from the shield plate to the connection
underneath the circuit board repaired the amp. Chuck

Floor Model Subwoofer KRK - repair label on it [email protected] Pro Audio 7 April 12th 07 05:35 PM
PSB Subwoofer repair M.A.H. Tech 1 November 3rd 06 12:34 AM
FS: PARADIGM - X-30 Active 2-way Crossover (xover;subwoofer) AuctionNotifier Marketplace 2 October 19th 06 12:42 AM
Infinity Active Subwoofer Repair Help [email protected] Tech 1 September 16th 06 10:06 PM
FA: Paradigm PDR10 Subwoofer (UK Shipping Only) XP-38 Marketplace 0 March 23rd 04 11:35 PM