Posted to rec.audio.high-end
BEAR

Default RIP: Bob Crump of TG Audio

Dunno if it was mentioned here or not... or if I mentioned it here or
not. (CRS strikes again.)

Bob Crump of TG Audio, partner with John Curl in that venture passed
away back in November. I only found out a month or so ago, having not
checked in to the "other" more rambunctious web based forums for some
time now... Bob was a good guy, very passionate, enthusiastic and
excited by audio. His products were quite interesting and the Blowtorch
preamps that he built were rather quite the piece of art...

He was what people call an 'iconoclast" - and fun.

Bob owned one of my big amps as his reference for more than 10 years,
but I would have liked him even if he had never bought a single thing
from me. And, he got a darn good price on it too... heh.

I think his site is still up, you might enjoy looking at the excessive
"build quality" of his Blowtorch preamp.

I considered Bob to be a friend, even though he lived in Houston, and
I'm in New York and we only met a few times at CES... When I heard he
was gone, I was saddened to hear that. Bob's good positive energy about
things audio and life in general was something I appreciated and
enjoyed. No more wild and wacky calls from Bob. I felt like a vacuum was
left behind.

_-_-bear