tor b

Default "Jupiter-Audio" on Audiogon CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!

Greg Singh (aka- Trotsky) is peddling his Madisound designed speakers
on Audiogon. The little sleaze is using Audiogon feedback left by
buyers of other stuff he has sold on Audiogon to give the impression
that someone has actually purchased these overpriced, overhyped,
under-engineered cheeseboxes. He also claims they are worth $1600!!!!
Of course, he doesn't say that it costs him much less than $300 (parts
and "labor") to make these things. Nor does he mention the extensive,
ten-day R&D period. I suggest everyone do a Google search on "Jupiter
Audio" to get the real truth behind this sleazy operation!
Robert Morein

"Bob Morein" wrote in message
ws.com...
On 10/16/03 2:18 AM, in article
, "tor b"
wrote:

He also claims they are worth $1600!!!!
Of course, he doesn't say that it costs him much less than $300 (parts
and "labor") to make these things. Nor does he mention the extensive,
ten-day R&D period.

In the "high end" world, that would make this testing program several

times
better than what many more expensive speakers undergo.

And until I can find a bluebook price for them, I guess they're worth
whatever he wants for them.

The above post is in fact, a forgery by Brian L. McCarty. I've just
detonated a huge load of dynamite under his infamous "WorldJAZZ" scam -- see
my website,
http://www.worldjazz.tv, and McCarty's website,
http://www.worldjazz.com, to see how a scammer works and lives.

Brian, any investors will doubtless call me first, and I'll give them the
straight poop.
Your scam is DOOOOMMMMMEDDDDD.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA!

The above is, of course, a forgery by Brian L. McCarty, r.a.m.'s great
pestilence and disease.
Brian is secretary of the Far North Queensland Film and Television
Association (FNQFTA) in Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
Brian L. McCarty resides in a condo at 65 Vasey Esplanade, Trinty Beach,
Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Brian L. McCarty's "Coral
Seas" studio project, an obvious scam, is now officially dead.

The remains may be viewed at http://www.coralseastudios.com .

Brian, we are celebrating your 49th birthday with news that the Coral Seas
project has gone belly-up.

We watch with great anticipation for the collapse of your WorldJAZZ Scam.

It's obvious that WorldJAZZ (http://www.worldjazz.com) is a
nonperforming non-asset, simply an invitation for the gullible to lose
money.

Coral Sea Studios, on the other hand, which McCarty (author of the above
post) also maintains, has already sunk beneath the waves. The project is
officially dead.

Brian, why do you keep around a zombie website?

Surely no business partners for Brian L. McCarty!

"WorldJAZZ
JAZZ MUSIC TELEVISION
NATIONAL CABLE
COMING SOON!
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
DAILY JAZZ PROGRAMMING TO BE SUPPLIED BY WORLDJAZZ
TO MOSCOW CENTRAL TV BEGINNING DECEMBER 2004"

Whoops! The above appears to be a pack of lies from the "WorldJAZZ" website,
http://www.worldjazz.com. Moscow Central TV is being informed about this
travesty.

The website goes on to say,

"WorldJAZZ has been named OFFICIAL CO-SPONSOR of the
2004 Jersey Jazz Bass Festival

SEPTEMBER 22-25 2004
LIVE BROADCAST PLANNED"

But there is no "Jersey Jazz Bass Festival" ! It's a complete fiction! There
IS a fishing tournament called the "Jersey Bass Festival".

And there's no "PETER THLIVEROSKI". It's a play on the name of Peter
Thliveros, a sports fisherman.

Lying is Brian's vocation. WorldJAZZ.com is built on the principle of the
"Big Lie", first enunciated by Joseph Goebbels.
Unfortunately, Brian doesn't know when to stop.
The fact of his lying on rec.audio.marketplace results in his constant
exposure on Google, which drives away the very suckers he would like to get
for WorldJAZZ.
We help this process of awareness along with a very active information
program.

Bluebook Value of Coral Sea Studios = MINUS $270,000.
Bluebook Value of WorldJAZZ Scam = Less Than Zero, precise numbers are under
INVESTIGATION.

The Face Behind the Mask:Scammer Brian L. McCarty, Moscow Central TV, David
C.L. Feng, David Ellison,
Ying Hong Huang, Lee Hodges, Anthony Ramallo, Melinda Hsu, Melinda Shu
80 Raffles Place, Coral Sea Studios, WorldJazz, Enron, K1 Ventures,
Trinity Beach, Cairns, Australia, Boomerang

McCarty had an early scheme for Internet radio. He claims to have sold
musical performance properties and/or a business plan to Black Entertainment
Television for $9.2M. Subsequently, he left Los Angeles. One unsubstantiated
rumor is that he left to avoid prosecution for a sex crime, presumably by
paying off the victim or family. Once in Australia, he made the acquaintance
of the brother of P.M. John Howard, who introduced him to contacts at ABN
Amro, an investment banking firm. They created a business plan for some kind
of a sound studio, still represented by the website
http://www.coralseastudios.com. After approximately a year, ABN withdrew
from partnership, but left the studio project still solvent. Some time
later, it went bankrupt or nearly so, owing $270,000 to it's employees. At
this point, Australia's entitlement law kicked in, paying the employees
monies owed them, with the exception of codirectors McCarty and Jeff Wexler.

It would appear that McCarty's enterprises failed because he has some kind
of mental imbalance, which exhibits signs of both schizophrenia and
obsessive-compulsive disorder. The impersonations which he makes of me are
a fraction of the numerous identities which he has used in the past, and
continues to use, on occasion, in the present. McCarty may actually believe
he is the person who he impersonates. Many of the identities are of
elaborate construction, taking some six months or more to take shape.
McCarty seems to have a magical belief that use of false identities provides
a shield.

Since his business failure, McCarty has tried to obtain new financing. These
methods characteristically rely on false identities and false business
fronts. His domain registrations are in the names of nonexistent people, and
his websites advertise nonexistent associations and companies, frequently by
theft of trademark. For example, my name, Robert Morein, was used as a
fictitious endorsement on his website http://www.coraseastudios.com. Since
he was caught some three months ago claiming to be a producer for a
syndicated jazz music program, his name has not appeared publicly on any of
his business enterprises.

McCarty is currently attempting to revive his Internet radio scheme,
WorldJAZZ, under the name http://www.worldjazz.com. This webpage currently
consists completely of false associations and endorsements. There is no
"Jersey Jazz Bass Festival", and "Peter Thliveroski" is a modification of
"Peter Thliveros", a sports bass fisherman!

McCarty has certain bizarre beliefs regarding the pricing of used audio
equipment appearing on rec.audio.marketplace. He refers constantly to a book
known as the "Orion Bluebook", which reports surveys of audio dealers for
prices they paid for used equipment, and prices at which sold. Anyone who
advertises on rec.audio.marketplace with prices in excess of the "wholesale
average condition" price is subject to attack by McCarty, who does so with
the vigor of the Red Brigades. Tactics he has employed against victims are
the filing of false crime reports with local police departments alleging
that the seller deals in stolen goods and alleged zoning violations.

Anyone can become a McCarty victim by disagreeing with him in a public
forum. In the past, consequences have been virus attacks, email bomb
attacks, defamatory postings, and chronic impersonation. All this is
contradictory to McCarty's apparent goal of obtaining finance for his
business projects. An intelligent scammer works quietly, while McCarty may
be the best known scammer of all time.

McCarty is 49 years old, and appears to be ill, requiring intermittent
hospital care. He apparently lacks mobility. It is possible that this
contributes to his mental imbalance.

Among McCarty's aliases, we have: Anthony Ramallo, David Ellison, David C.L.
Feng, Ying Hong Huang, Lee Hodges, Melinda Hsu, Melinda Shu, Robert Morein,
Robert X Morein, Sylvan Morein, Sylvan X Morein, et al.

John Oliver

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:29:55 GMT, Bob Morein wrote:
On 10/16/03 2:18 AM, in article
, "tor b"
wrote:

He also claims they are worth $1600!!!!
Of course, he doesn't say that it costs him much less than $300 (parts
and "labor") to make these things. Nor does he mention the extensive,
ten-day R&D period.

And until I can find a bluebook price for them, I guess they're worth
whatever he wants for them.

They're worth whatever people will pay for them. He could want $10,000
apiece, but that wouldn't make them worth that much.

Rich Andrews

(tor b) wrote in
om:

Greg Singh (aka- Trotsky) is peddling his Madisound designed speakers
on Audiogon. The little sleaze is using Audiogon feedback left by
buyers of other stuff he has sold on Audiogon to give the impression
that someone has actually purchased these overpriced, overhyped,
under-engineered cheeseboxes. He also claims they are worth $1600!!!!
Of course, he doesn't say that it costs him much less than $300 (parts
and "labor") to make these things. Nor does he mention the extensive,
ten-day R&D period. I suggest everyone do a Google search on "Jupiter
Audio" to get the real truth behind this sleazy operation!

While it certainly isn't ethical to sell something to someone at
overinflated prices, it is legal to a point. Where people usually end up
in trouble is product liability, warranty, and a host of other well
defined legal issues. Things can get quite ugly if someone incurs a loss
that was directly or even indirectly related to the product sold.
Manufacturing an item has a number of issues associated with it and
certain laws do not apply to kits which is why they are sold as kits. It
isn't so much about money. Now if he claims to have a MSRP of $1600.00,
he will have to have proof that the MSRP is $1600.00 else face the
consequences. Many a person has gone to jail for making claims about a
product that could not be proven or were fictional. One could say that he
is not manufacturing something, but the truth of the matter is, according
to law, he is.

If the negative claims about Jupiter Audio are true, then I suspect he may
be in business for a while depending on who he sells his products to.
**** off the wrong guy, and Vito will break his legs. As a matter of
fact, knowing how things work in the Chicago area, he may wish ultimately
that his name was Bartman. Less painful.

I hope for his sake that he does not sell a speaker that catches fire and
kills someone. His next email address would most likely be part of the
Illinois Department of Corrections domain. This could happen quite
easily. One way would be to use a flammable dammping material inside the
speaker and then have a failure of the amp where the outputs short. That
could ignite the voice coil and then the damping material. Look at
http://www.roger-russell.com/lsd2.ht...ewacousticslab and scroll
down until you see the speaker engulfed in flames. Most of the sub amps
have no DC protection if an output shorts, so there goes the house and if
they are lucky, everyone will get out alive.

Buyer beware indeed!

Lionel

Langis wrote:
Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Ever heard of Commercial Idemnity Insurance, dickhead?

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Have you seen a contract or liability statement on his web site "Dickhead" ?

Arny Krueger

"Langis" wrote in message
news
Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Irreleveant. What is relevant is whether Singh has invested in same.

trotsky

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Langis" wrote in message
news
Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Krueger, are you claiming speakers catching on fire EVER happens? Go
ahead, complete the lie--there's a good Christian.

Arny Krueger

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Langis" wrote in message
news
Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Ever heard of Commercial Indemnity Insurance, dickhead?

Irrelevant. What is relevant is whether Singh has invested in same.

Krueger, are you claiming speakers catching on fire EVER happens?

I get it Singh. You never went to
http://www.roger-russell.com/lsd2.ht...ewacousticslab .

Go ahead, complete the lie--there's a good Christian.

I've personally seen a couple of JBLs in ashes in the remains of a friend's
family room.

Rich Andrews

Langis wrote in
news
Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Every hear of something called a Criminal Indictment? All the insurance
in the world will not protect you from that. I cannot say with 100%
certainty, but I believe that if the unfortunate incident occurs in
another state, then any alleged crime would become a federal issue. Rest
assured that if someone is indicted at the Federal level, the chances of
getting off are in the single digit percentage category.

George M. Middius

Langis said:

I hope for his sake that he does not sell a speaker that catches fire and
kills someone. His next email address would most likely be part of the
Illinois Department of Corrections domain.

Ever heard of Commercial Idemnity Insurance, dickhead?

Of course Gregipus should have that (liability insurance over here),
but it's not as simple as just calling up your homeowner's agent and
ordering it up. For one thing, the speakers would have to be certified
as meeting a set of safety standards. Most such standards are issued
by UL. For another thing, Gregipus would have to pay the premium for
the insurance. I wouldn't be surprised if the premium ran to a couple
of thousand for six months' coverage.

trotsky

Rich Andrews wrote:

Every hear of something called a Criminal Indictment? All the insurance
in the world will not protect you from that. I cannot say with 100%
certainty, but I believe that if the unfortunate incident occurs in
another state, then any alleged crime would become a federal issue. Rest
assured that if someone is indicted at the Federal level, the chances of
getting off are in the single digit percentage category.

Agreed. And if that doesn't work they just send it to a military
tribunal anyway. Somebody's been sucking up some propaganda again.
Who's sockpuppet did you say you were?

Rich Andrews

"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Langis" wrote in message
news
Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Speakers catching on fire are a rare occurance and the risk may be low but
not zero. The odds of it happening *may* be about the same as winning the
powerball, but someone *does* win the powerball.

I still hope nothing like that ever happens for Greg's sake. I have heard
the term "major life experience" used to describe the event of having a
Federal Criminal Indictment filed against oneself. Others have described
it as slow, deliberate, psychological torture. No matter what people
describe it as, it is a whole bunch of no fun. Remember that the filing
of an indictment is just the second step in the whole process. The real
fun comes after that. Depositions, statements, motions filed, trial, and
most likely sentencing. After that you are given an all expense paid trip
to Club Fed.

Some can call me any name they want, but that does not alter the facts.
So go ahead, **** off the wrong guy. Cause the nephew of a Federal Judge
or law enforcement officer to incur the loss of a loved one. I assure you
that it is not fun.

George M. Middius

Gregipus "Oh To Be Dead in Chicago" Wretch has another little
meltdown.

Who's sockpuppet did you say you were?

When, oh when, oh when are you finally going to uncork those
world-class language skills, Mr. N Pile?

trotsky

Rich Andrews wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Langis" wrote in message
news

Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

That may just be the biggest lie I have ever seen on this newsgroup.
Whose sockpuppet did you say you were?

trotsky

George M. Middius wrote:

Gregipus "Oh To Be Dead in Chicago" Wretch has another little
meltdown.

Who's sockpuppet did you say you were?

When, oh when, oh when are you finally going to uncork those
world-class language skills, Mr. N Pile?

Oh, I'm sorry, I was in a hurry to put out a fire one of my speakers
caused. ROTFFLMFAO!!!

This is very sad, George. Your agenda is showing so badly you just
overlook huge ****ing gaps in logic now.

John Oliver

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:13:49 -0000, Rich Andrews wrote:
[...]

MSRP is "Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price". He could say the MSRP
is $428,500 if he wanted to. There's no law in the world against that.
Of course, to actually sell any, the price would have to be so heavily
discounted that the MSRP would be useless.

As far as the ethics involved, what's "overinflated"? Wouldn't you say
pet rocks at *any* price are overinflated? Yet a lot of people bought
them and were quite happy with their purchase. Where's the ethical
breach? If I make a widget, the actual cost I incur has *nothing* to do
with the perceived value... if they cost me $3 to make and people line
up to buy them at $100 each, how is that unethical? If it was, I would
have some recourse if my widgets cost $20 to make and people were only
willing to pay $8.

An objects "value" is defined by the marketplace. Anything else will
not work, and has been proven not to work time and again throughout
history.

George M. Middius

John Oliver said:

As far as the ethics involved, what's "overinflated"? Wouldn't you say
pet rocks at *any* price are overinflated? Yet a lot of people bought
them and were quite happy with their purchase. Where's the ethical
breach? If I make a widget, the actual cost I incur has *nothing* to do
with the perceived value... if they cost me $3 to make and people line
up to buy them at $100 each, how is that unethical? If it was, I would
have some recourse if my widgets cost $20 to make and people were only
willing to pay $8.

I believe you're missing the point. Deliberately? Who can tell.
Nonetheless, this game is pretty simple. Gregipus's detractors are
eager to shame him as a greedy con-artist. So they take a simple
fact of the audio industry and try to reverse its polarity, thereby
leading to a conclusion that is, according to their twisted logic,
correct.

The basic fact is that among real speaker makers (i.e., not some
putz assembling products in a storage room he rents by the month),
there is a certain ratio of retail price to manufacturing cost. The
argument is that since Gregipus did not do any actual R&D, and since
a "real" company could build similar-performing speakers for much
less by virtue of economies of scale, Gregipus is attempting to con
and cheat his buyers. There are some big holes in this logic, but
this "debate" isn't really about logic.

SAIL LOCO

What do you guys think the markup is on speakers from any manufacture? I'll
bet a $100,000 pair of Wilsons only cost about five grand to make.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Rich Andrews

trotsky wrote in :

Rich Andrews wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Langis" wrote in message
news

Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Bury your head in the sand if you want, I really don't care.

Have a great day.

PS Welcome to my killfile

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message
. 44...
Langis wrote in
news
Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

There have yet to be any criminal ndictments of Ford executives regarding
explosions fo Ford vehicles.
You are way off base here.
The following announcement is required by the
Consumer Product Safety Commision: "Further insistence on your erroneous
point will subject you to being labelled as an idiot."

George M. Middius

Sockpuppet Yustabe said to Robot:

The following announcement is required by the
Consumer Product Safety Commision: "Further insistence on your erroneous
point will subject you to being labelled as an idiot."

Robot may appreciate that now that he's taken to purging the worst
examples of his past Kroopologism.

Joseph Oberlander

George M. Middius wrote:

The basic fact is that among real speaker makers (i.e., not some
putz assembling products in a storage room he rents by the month),
there is a certain ratio of retail price to manufacturing cost. The
argument is that since Gregipus did not do any actual R&D, and since
a "real" company could build similar-performing speakers for much
less by virtue of economies of scale, Gregipus is attempting to con
and cheat his buyers. There are some big holes in this logic, but
this "debate" isn't really about logic.

You forgot three other things:

1: No other employees.
2: No inventory or warehouse.
3: No storefront/offices/etc.

Rich Andrews

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in news:3f8f2240_1@
127.0.0.1:

Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

Let's just assume for a minute that I am wrong, that no one will bring a
criminal indictment against someone for negligent homicide. What about a
civil suit claiming wrongful death? Not even OJ could skirt that one.

Even if no wrongful death suit or indictment is ever filed, do you want to
know that you are responsible for even a single avoidable death? To know
that the addition of a $0.10 fuse or by using non flammable damping
material could have saved a life?

No thanks. I don't want the results of that decision haunting me. Label
me an idiot and bury your head in the sand if you wish. I don't care.

PS Welcome to my killfile