Posted to rec.audio.tech
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Valve Amp OPT diodes

Hi,

I need to replace the 2 reverse biased diodes connected to the OPT on a
Fender amp, as in this schematic:

http://www.schematicheaven.com/fende...er_60_rack.pdf

They are R3000 diodes, 3KV @ 200mA. Unfortunately I can't find these in the
UK, so am wondering what the design requirements of these devices are and
whether I can substitute something else, maybe 3 1KV rectifers in series.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland Serge Auckland is offline

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to replace the 2 reverse biased diodes connected to the OPT on a
Fender amp, as in this schematic:

http://www.schematicheaven.com/fende...er_60_rack.pdf

They are R3000 diodes, 3KV @ 200mA. Unfortunately I can't find these in
the UK, so am wondering what the design requirements of these devices are
and whether I can substitute something else, maybe 3 1KV rectifers in
series.

Cheers,

Gareth.

You can try these people:

High Voltage Technology
Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment Ltd.
Flitch Indl. Estate, Unit 13, Chelmsford Road, Dunmow
Essex, England CM6 1XJ
44-1371875668
44-1371875665
http://www.essex-x-ray.com

Nobel Electronics
Tudar Cottages, Footscray High Street

Sidcup Kent, England DA145HN
44-208-309-0500
44-208-302-79010

They distribute HVCA products (
www.hvca.com), who make high-voltage diodes.
HVCA can supply samples, and if you only need two, it may be possible to get
them this way.

Best of luck

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Posted now on rec.audio.tubes

"Serge Auckland" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Serge, always good to know more suppliers.

Gareth.

Using Damper Diodes for B+ Supplies Jon Yaeger Vacuum Tubes 12 October 6th 05 12:27 AM
Fast Recovery Diodes Terrified Tech 8 February 25th 05 07:09 AM
Is 4 diode bridge rectifier better than just 2 diodes? at Vacuum Tubes 4 August 21st 04 12:02 PM
Bridge rectifier using tube and 2 Diodes Stevey Vacuum Tubes 16 August 10th 04 11:24 AM
Choosing Amplifier Power Diodes gene ohara Tech 9 July 19th 03 04:23 PM