dongnhac

Default Heathkit: Multiplex AC-11, PT-1/AA-30 tuners, and AA-100 int amp

I have 2 following systems:

1) Multiplex AC-11/ PT-1 tuner/ AA-100 int amp
2) Multiplex AC-11/ AJ-30 tuner/AA-100 int amp

Questions: How do I put them together?

I connect the multiflex from the tuner to multiplex input of the AC-11.
Then from the AC-11 left and right outputs I connect them to the
tunner inputs on the amp. I don't get any FM sound out of it.

If I just connect the AM/FM outputs from tuner to the amp all I can get
is AM.

Please help ...

John Byrns

In article .com,
"dongnhac" wrote:

I have 2 following systems:

1) Multiplex AC-11/ PT-1 tuner/ AA-100 int amp
2) Multiplex AC-11/ AJ-30 tuner/AA-100 int amp

Questions: How do I put them together?

I connect the multiflex from the tuner to multiplex input of the AC-11.
Then from the AC-11 left and right outputs I connect them to the
tunner inputs on the amp. I don't get any FM sound out of it.

If I just connect the AM/FM outputs from tuner to the amp all I can get
is AM.

Sounds like the FM sections of the tuners are dead. You say this happens
with both tuners? No telling what the problem might be, sounds like some
trouble shooting is in order. One of the first things to check is the
converter tube.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/
dongnhac

Just found out the cable from mpx to tuner is bad. Thanks John.