Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
mark mark is offline

Default NAD 2200 Power Amplifier Bridge Mono NAD 1135 Pre Amplifier - Hookup

I have 2 NAD 2200 power amps, set up for bridge mono mode. These
amplifiers are designed to operate in this mode, but are somewhat
short on connection instructions. Each amplifier is connected to its
own speaker using the 2 speaker terminals indicated on the back of the
amp for bridged mono mode. Speaker to amp connections i think should
look like this:

Left speaker + ----------------NAD Amp #1 bridged +
Left speaker - ----------------NAD Amp #1 bridged -

Right speaker + ------------NAD Amp #2 bridged +
RIght speaker - -------------NAD Amp #2 bridged -

Connection to the preamp is less clear. My NAD 1135 preamplifier just
has a "normal" and a "high" Pre-Out L and R. I assume i'd use the
"normal" L and R ouputs like this:

Preamp Out
L--------------Y cable-----------------Poweramp #1 input L
\-----------------Poweramp #2 input L