Posted to rec.audio.pro
Walroks Walroks is offline

Default Wanted, Tascam 22-4

Hi, I'm looking for a Tascam 22-4 reel to reel 4-track recorder in
perfect working condition. Please e-mail me if you have a machine
for sale or know of where I might find one. Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Walroks wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a Tascam 22-4 reel to reel 4-track recorder in
perfect working condition. Please e-mail me if you have a machine
for sale or know of where I might find one. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, why specifically a 22-4?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Walroks Walroks is offline

On Sep 23, 3:39 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Walroks wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a Tascam 22-4 reel to reel 4-track recorder in
perfect working condition. Please e-mail me if you have a machine
for sale or know of where I might find one. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, why specifically a 22-4?

Small footprint, good recorder, need to transfer old 4 track
recordings to digital. Also, I already own a clean
22-4 (would cost too much to repair) that can be used for parts should
a working machine that I buy eventually require repair.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Walroks wrote:

Small footprint, good recorder, need to transfer old 4 track
recordings to digital. Also, I already own a clean
22-4 (would cost too much to repair) that can be used for parts should
a working machine that I buy eventually require repair.

The problem is that any 22-4 that you find is going to need at least
all new rubber parts and a full cleaning and lubrication, which is
probably a couple hundred dollars to start with.

It DOES take very little studio space, though. On the other hand, you
are limited to 7" reels.

Your best bet might be to try Ebay and the like, but budget two or three
hundred dollars to get the thing refurbished before using it.
Rick Ballard Rick Ballard is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walroks View Post
Hi, I'm looking for a Tascam 22-4 reel to reel 4-track recorder in
perfect working condition. Please e-mail me if you have a machine
for sale or know of where I might find one. Thanks!
I have a Tascam 22-4 in perfect condition. It has been used very little and currently is resting comfortably in its original box. Please let me know what you are prepared to pay for this beauty.

Rick Ballard