Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default CD Digital Out - Do they sell cable for this anymore?

http://digichar.com/imgs/a/a/p/j/i/s...lack_3_lgw.jpg

I Googled "cd player digital out cable" but came up empty handed. Any suggestions?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
fyl fyl is offline

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 07:03:50 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any suggestions?

That's a basic Toslink optical output. Cables are easy to find.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ken O'Meara Ken O'Meara is offline

In article ,
says...
I Googled "cd player digital out cable" but came up empty handed. Any suggestions?

Are you kidding? It is a TOSLINK optical output, probably the most
common method of making a digital audio connection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK

Even Poundland sell em, I get mine from here, no relation.
http://www.kenable.co.uk/?cPath=48_63

--
Ken O'Meara
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Ken: DURRR! I just didn't know what to google them as, LOL.

And would a 6 year old PC have a place to plug the other end into?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
UnsteadyKen UnsteadyKen is offline

In article ,
says...
And would a 6 year old PC have a place to plug the other end into?

Most unlikely, many PC's/motherboards and laptops have an optical
output, but I've only seen digital inputs on consumer PC
interfaces/cards such as this.
http://uk.creative.com/p/sound-
blaster/sound-blaster-z

Wouldn't be much point connecting a CD player to a PC as it is easy
enough to rip a CD, those outputs are generally used for connecting to
an external DAC,recorder or AV receiver.

--
Ken O'Meara