Posted to rec.audio.tech
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Gefen FireWire 400 Repeater

Anybody have any experience with this device? I want to connect a TC
Electronics Impact Twin to my Hi-Fi and my MacBook Pro to use with Pure
Vinyl/Music, but they are too far apart to do this directly. It occurs
to me I might be able to drop a FireWire cable through the floor and
bring it out where I need it.

My problem is I have had mixed results with extenders of various types.
I tried a WiFi extender that never really worked at all. I tried a long
TosLink cable and the best I could get, due to length, was 48/24. This
gadget plus the cable isn't terribly expensive. I could probably do it
for well under $100, but I don't want to waste the money.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

In article ,
Robert Peirce wrote:

Anybody have any experience with this device? I want to connect a TC
Electronics Impact Twin to my Hi-Fi and my MacBook Pro to use with Pure
Vinyl/Music, but they are too far apart to do this directly. It occurs
to me I might be able to drop a FireWire cable through the floor and
bring it out where I need it.

My problem is I have had mixed results with extenders of various types.
I tried a WiFi extender that never really worked at all. I tried a long
TosLink cable and the best I could get, due to length, was 48/24. This
gadget plus the cable isn't terribly expensive. I could probably do it
for well under $100, but I don't want to waste the money.

I find there are several other repeaters available beyond the Gefen.
The same problem applies. I am confident a relatively short cable will
work just fine between the two devices for audio. I really need to know
whether a repeater will work over a 30' line.

FA Gefen TSE-150R TSE-150S MAC KVM Extender 500 feet Port Pro Audio 4 August 29th 04 11:40 PM
infrared repeater? Brian Car Audio 0 June 9th 04 05:20 PM
Electrix Repeater Wanted! lkjc Pro Audio 0 May 25th 04 01:45 AM
Electrix Repeater Wanted! lkjc Pro Audio 0 May 25th 04 01:45 AM
Digidesign digi002 with firewire repeater? Richard Rateick Pro Audio 1 February 25th 04 01:46 AM