Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Orientals calling at 0600 for Restrum Erectric

My phone starts ringing at six in the morning. I get up and answer
it. It's a guy with a heavy Chinese accent asking if I want to sell a
certain piece of equipment, Western Electric of course.

****er is completely oblivious to what time it is. I explain that
right now I don't have anything I want to sell and that if I did I'd
put it on eBay and he can bid like anyone else. I also explain that I
get a copy of MJ every so often and know what this stuff goes for. I
tell him "Era of Dumb Round Eye Over".

"Oh no. Most have no idea. "

Well, he was being honest. I said that I had his number and would
call him if I ran into anything. He said thank you, have good evening,
and hung up. He's now locked out of my CID database, as I don't need
any more 6 AM calls.

I have three or four old WE pieces. I'm keeping them as a hedge
against total collapse of the US currency and also just out of
cussedness at the Orientals buying them all up. No Western Electric
equipment actually sounds good, contrary to popular belief.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

On May 24, 1:12*pm, Bret L wrote:
*My phone starts ringing at six in the morning. I get up and answer
it.

I always knew you were lazy.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 24, 1:12*pm, Bret L wrote:
[...]

Western Electric 300Bs, on the other hand, do sound really good.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 24, 2:09*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 24, 1:12*pm, Bret L wrote:

*My phone starts ringing at six in the morning. I get up and answer
it.

I always knew you were lazy.

At least Arny got up at 5am...so he could be the first to post.

Calling Dr. Quackenbush again. Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 32 September 4th 04 06:17 AM
Name Calling Particle Salad Pro Audio 32 March 20th 04 10:45 AM
Same old Name Calling cwvalle Audio Opinions 6 January 2nd 04 07:18 AM
Calling Dr. Qackenbush Michael Mckelvy Audio Opinions 2 December 12th 03 07:41 AM