Posted to rec.audio.car
techman41973 techman41973 is offline

Default Alarm Window Decals. Do they provide any deterrent?

My installation shop is offering decals for my new alarm to install on
my window.
"Protected by xxxx....."
Just wondering how you guys feel about installing these things.
Do these decals provide any deterrent from break-in?
Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.car
Sharky Sharky is offline

Nope, not unless you want to attract more attention to your car. Same goes
for the manufacturers stickers that come with car audio equipment. Slap
those things on your car and you're just asking for thieves to come steal
your stuff. I personally wouldn't even bother with the alarm system. It's
much easier to wire up one of those flashing LEDs that make your car appear
to have an alarm system.

Just my 2 cents,
Sharky