J.A.A.

Default active noise cancellation?

What are best (active) noise cancallation headphones for pro audio purpose?
I currently use Beyerdynamic DT250 for almost any app but would like to have
something _smaller_ and more _portable_ for overall use while on road.

Tried my bro's Brookstone Soundshield 250 headphones during last flight from
Chicago to Paris
and they worked very well. Also in my noisy VW van the sound isolation was
great making me to
want own pair as well.

But since dont know anything about Brookstone or Soundshield I would like to
see or
hear other options as well.

I know Sony and Sennheiser has something similar and Bose as well, but dont
know which
is best for what purpose and how they perform. How about "the boom quiet"?

Also since I use my DT250's for demanding purposes I dont really place extra
weight on sound quality
but surely they need to sound good as possible.

Does active noise cancellation still place the pressure to ear (making it
still harmfull)?

also if someone know good forum/site/review/... for active noise
cancellation stuff, please let me know.
Did not find anything specific manufacturing site for Brookstone
Soundshield's but I can say that for the
price (150usd) they perform pretty well. Sound quality was not tested since
had only feed from poor
airplane radio/tv supply.

thanks in advance,

Jukka Andersson
Finland

Scott Dorsey

J.A.A. wrote:
What are best (active) noise cancallation headphones for pro audio purpose?
I currently use Beyerdynamic DT250 for almost any app but would like to have
something _smaller_ and more _portable_ for overall use while on road.

Tried my bro's Brookstone Soundshield 250 headphones during last flight from
Chicago to Paris
and they worked very well. Also in my noisy VW van the sound isolation was
great making me to
want own pair as well.

I didn't find any of them to really work well for random noise, but for
constant signal (like you get in a van) they might work. Try the Sennheiser
ones first.

Also, you might consider the Etymotic in-ear phones. They have no active
noise cancellation but they sure are effective, and you can put ear protectors
on over top for another few dB of noise reduction.

What I want to know is how you can keep a VW van from turning into a huge
pile of rust in Finland.

J.A.A.

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
J.A.A. wrote:
What are best (active) noise cancallation headphones for pro audio

purpose?
I currently use Beyerdynamic DT250 for almost any app but would like to

have
something _smaller_ and more _portable_ for overall use while on road.

Tried my bro's Brookstone Soundshield 250 headphones during last flight

from
Chicago to Paris
and they worked very well. Also in my noisy VW van the sound isolation

was
great making me to
want own pair as well.

I didn't find any of them to really work well for random noise, but for
constant signal (like you get in a van) they might work. Try the

Sennheiser
ones first.

Airplane, noisy open rear van etc. seems to work very well. I do get
pressure
in ear while active protection is on but not like I could hear it.

Also, you might consider the Etymotic in-ear phones. They have no active
noise cancellation but they sure are effective, and you can put ear

protectors
on over top for another few dB of noise reduction.

in-ear phones can be right if good one. only problem that most basic
in-ear's keep
falling from my ears. Dont know really how its with good S's (senn, sony,
shure)
or Koss.

What I want to know is how you can keep a VW van from turning into a huge
pile of rust in Finland.

I brought mine from Germany couple years ago and it has got some rust on it
after that.
cars are only vehicles (specially vans) so dont really care as long it runs.
Since its self imported
it does get rost but those imported to Finland as new are protected against
rust. You hit it or
skip washing/services/rust protection program (every 5 years or so) it
surely does gets in rust.

Pooh Bear

Scott Dorsey wrote:

What I want to know is how you can keep a VW van from turning into a huge
pile of rust in Finland.

I don't know what they do in Finland but in New Zealand the 'grit' placed on the
roads in winter is salt-free volcanic ash.

As a result, New Zealand is a historic car spotter's paradise.

Graham

J.A.A.

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Scott Dorsey wrote:

What I want to know is how you can keep a VW van from turning into a

huge
pile of rust in Finland.

I don't know what they do in Finland but in New Zealand the 'grit' placed

on the
roads in winter is salt-free volcanic ash.

As a result, New Zealand is a historic car spotter's paradise.

Graham

my van is not that historic (more like teen aged).... but yes we do have
salt on roads that gives nice brown colour to our cars.
cars from 70's or early 80's do have better poison paint and more metal so
they seems to be even better condition that newer ones.
also because taxes here in Finland, cars do get old age while in traffic.

jukka

Kurt Albershardt

J.A.A. wrote:

cars from 70's or early 80's do have better poison paint and more metal so
they seems to be even better condition that newer ones.

Disagree, with regard to the bodywork at least. Recent vehicles from
most major manufacturers use galvanized body panels and are far, far
more likely to survive tough environmental conditions.

J.A.A.

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message
J.A.A. wrote:

cars from 70's or early 80's do have better poison paint and more metal

so
they seems to be even better condition that newer ones.

Disagree, with regard to the bodywork at least. Recent vehicles from
most major manufacturers use galvanized body panels and are far, far
more likely to survive tough environmental conditions.

this starts to be offtopic

but thats true actually... galvanized body (audi from -87) does help it not
to rust,
but if any larger problems with paint and zinc surface it wont help.

..jukka