Default Lexicon Omega vs. M-Audio FWIRE 410

I am confused! I am looking at these two as possible solutions for my
home DAW set-up. I don't need tons of I/O- I am a one to two-track
at-a-time guy. I am hearing all kinds of pros and cons for both. I
don't want to go PCI, and need basic mic pres on whatever I get. I use
Sonar, so don't care much about bundled lite software with either.

What I gather about Lexicon Omega:
Soundcard history is poor, but this is supposedly a pretty good box
with good basic sound, decent I/O options, OK mic pres, etc. Only USB
1.1., but driver updates may come. Don't care too much about Cubase LE
and Pantheon (annoying that it can only be used in Cubase, by the way).
Somewhat clunky physical layout, with a lot happening on the back.
TRS inserts on mic channels is a nice touch. Good metering on front at
converter level.

What I gather about M-Audio 410:
Firewire- probably better latency and nice to have bus-powered option
(not that I am traveling/recording with a laptop much). Better overall
soundcard history- core competency of M-Audio? Front interface seems
much easier and having two headphone inputs with individual controls is
nice. Software for routing, etc., seems robust. Ableton Delta- don't
really care since it is a big tease, but might consider upgrade to Live
sometime.

However: hearing bad things about the drivers and problems with having
to have it on all the time/prior to boot, etc.
HELP!!! THANKS!!! (:-0

Jere Malila

What I gather about Lexicon Omega:
Soundcard history is poor, but this is supposedly a pretty good box
with good basic sound, decent I/O options, OK mic pres, etc. Only USB
1.1., but driver updates may come. Don't care too much about Cubase LE
and Pantheon (annoying that it can only be used in Cubase, by the way).
Somewhat clunky physical layout, with a lot happening on the back.
TRS inserts on mic channels is a nice touch. Good metering on front at
converter level.

Hello!

I'm having Omega at my home studio. I've been recording mostly 1-2
tracks at time but as I tested there was no problems recording all 4
tracks at one. I think preamp are just fine for me. Latency I've got at
lowest is about 12ms. My computer is XP 1900, 768MB, 2x60Gt 7200rpm's HD.

If you don't need more than 4 tracks Omega might be good choice for 300
euros. If you got more money to spend and you think you need more tracks
OR lower latency go buy something with firewire.

Cheers,
Jere