Posted to rec.audio.car
CNP

Default Installation steps for XDM-6820 in Toyota Sienna 1999 with cassette

Please note that this review is mostly about the installation of the product
in Toyota Sienna 99 model. It took me a couple of weeks and many trips to
Circuit City, Fry's, and many Web sites. Also, phone calls to Dual and Metra
support.

Most important: Our van audio has cassette player and radio. No CD player.
Setup may be different in your vehicle. Good news is that XDM-6820 fits
snugly in the space and no additional kit or even the kit supplied by Dual
is necessary.

By the way, this is the first time I ever tried to install an audio system
in an automobile.

Parts you need:
Metra 70-8112 Toyota Amp Integration Harness ($20 at Fry's)
GE 82601 "Y" Adapter - you need two of these ($3 each at target)

Regular harness recommended by even Metra (70-1761 and 71-1761) is of no use
because our van has amplifier.

Harness 70-8112 receives 4 RCA inputs. However, XDM-6820 has only two RCA
outputs. So, you have to split them using Y adapters. I believe you will
lose fade and balance features due to this.

Take the harness and the audio connector inside the home and make all the
connections peacefully and comfortably.
Connect red, yellow, and black wires. Connect the harness' blue wire with a
white stripe to the blue wire (amplifier turn-on) of the device. Then
connect all the RCA jacks. Take the assembled wires to the vehicle. Connect
the harness to the vehicle and connector to the device. Connect the
antennas. Start the vehicle in accessories mode. Check if the radio and MP3
player work.

Then complete all the mechanical assembly. I couldn't fit the black
ring/frame around the face plate. I don't see why it is necessary.