Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] aaronep@pacbell.net is offline

Default record music from youtube onto a cd

is it possible to save a song that is played on youtube website and
then transfer onto a cd in the computer.?
I have windows xp, latest version of Nero. Any advice on steps to be
taken appreciated.
Aaron in N. Hollywood

Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote ...
is it possible to save a song that is played on youtube website and
then transfer onto a cd in the computer.?
I have windows xp, latest version of Nero. Any advice on steps to be
taken appreciated.

Many modern computers allow you to record from the "Stereo Mix"
or "Record what you hear".

Posted to rec.audio.tech
dancing_bear dancing_bear is offline

On May 7, 9:48 pm, " wrote:
is it possible to save a song that is played on youtube website and
then transfer onto a cd in the computer.?
I have windows xp, latest version of Nero. Any advice on steps to be
taken appreciated.
Aaron in N. Hollywood

For a 1-step solution try Replay Music Catcher. Most 'community' sites
seem to have their content in a Flash wrapper which needs to be
downloaded and converted into .mp3, .wma, or whatever. There are
websites which will intercept the stream and help you to download
the .flv source file, some will even convert it on the fly for you.
Take a look at http://keepvid.com/, there are three or four similar
sites which all seem to do better on specific variations of Flash; or
for a torrent client add-on http://www.bitcomet.com/tools/
flvdownloader/index.htm. These, at least in theory should give you a
copy that is not affected by the quality of your sound card as the
conversion should be digital, and not a redirection of the analog
output of the sound card. Hope this is some help.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

" wrote:

is it possible to save a song that is played on youtube website and
then transfer onto a cd in the computer.?
I have windows xp, latest version of Nero. Any advice on steps to be
taken appreciated.

Well, you can download the entire clip onto your PC using vdownloader. I dare
say it's easy enough to extract the audio from that although that's not my area.

Graham