Posted to rec.audio.pro
JEgbert JEgbert is offline

Default Mbox output for windows, not working or tempermental? Help!

I have a digidesign mbox hooked up to my windows xp developer machine,
which I want to use as my sound card for ALL windows activity.

Sometimes, certain parts work: Windows Media Player works, in spurts.
Cubase ALWAYS works, however it has specific settings allowing you to
choose that driver in the program. However, things like Internet
Explorer or video games NEVER work.

I have the mbox set as the default in the sounds preferences in
Windows and the latest drivers.

Any ideas?! Help!!

Thanks in advance
JE

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_2_] Romeo Rondeau[_2_] is offline

JEgbert wrote:
I have a digidesign mbox hooked up to my windows xp developer machine,
which I want to use as my sound card for ALL windows activity.

Sometimes, certain parts work: Windows Media Player works, in spurts.
Cubase ALWAYS works, however it has specific settings allowing you to
choose that driver in the program. However, things like Internet
Explorer or video games NEVER work.

I have the mbox set as the default in the sounds preferences in
Windows and the latest drivers.

Any ideas?! Help!!

Thanks in advance
JE

You need to download a program called "Digi MME Helper" follow the
instructions and BAM! it will work... one warning however... Digidesign
has the poorest ASIO and MME support I've ever seen. It sucks bigtime...
works great with ProTools, though :-) The drivers are really picky...