Posted to rec.audio.pro
JasonDamianUs JasonDamianUs is offline

Default Specific Plugin Sets

PT 6.4+
Windows XP SP2
IBM ThinkCentre, P4, 3GHZ, 2GB Ram

I had that idea that it would make sense to only install certain
plugins for certain songs. That would help with memory for someone
like myself who uses PT LE and a Digi001. I have written some windows
batch files to backup plugins and then move them out of the plugins
folders (there are three that know of
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Dae\Plug-Ins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\DAE\Plug-Ins

Any see a problem with this method, or is there a better way to do
this? There should definitely be a way to dynamically load a set of
plugins for eachg song. I have seen a setting that allows you to set
the plugin settings folder on a song by song basis, But It seems we
should extend this idea to the plugins themselves.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Jason

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 20 Apr 2007 23:37:38 -0700, JasonDamianUs
wrote:

I had that idea that it would make sense to only install certain
plugins for certain songs. That would help with memory for someone
like myself who uses PT LE and a Digi001. I have written some windows
batch files to backup plugins and then move them out of the plugins
folders (there are three that know of
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Dae\Plug-Ins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\DAE\Plug-Ins

Any see a problem with this method, or is there a better way to do
this? There should definitely be a way to dynamically load a set of
plugins for eachg song. I have seen a setting that allows you to set
the plugin settings folder on a song by song basis, But It seems we
should extend this idea to the plugins themselves.

Are plugins "loaded" in any real sense until they are applied to a
channel?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

JasonDamianUs wrote:
[...]