DJ TecThreat

Default double sets of speakers?

i have a large SUV which is my daily driver and i have Infinity Kappa
Perfect 6.5 separates in the front and infinity 6.5 (co-axil)'s in the rear.
i feel like there isnt enough sound in the truck.... for some reason with
the system at almost half volume i just feel i should be getting more out of
it.. but, i dont.

So my question here is, where do you guys stand on putting 2 sets of the
same speaker in the front of a vehicle..? i'm thinking i want to buy another
set of Infinity Kappa Perfects's for the front so i can get more sound out
of the system..

With this in mind i was thinking of setting things up like this, the mid
speakers down in the door mounted next to each other in a custom plate...
and 2 tweeters on the dash (one on each side) and 2 tweeters on the
cross-member thingy right in between the windsheild and the door opening.

Tell me what you think

DJ TecThreat

Brandon Buckner

Cross-member thingy = A-pillar?

I say go for it. BTW, are you externally amping them now? and with how
much? You have a Ford Excursion don't you?

Brandonb

DJ TecThreat wrote:

[...]

Brandon Buckner

I asked Miss Cleo. lol... You've mentioned it several times in the
past. With a 4x50 you may consider getting an additional amp or a larger
amp if you're going to add the second component set and still keep the
rears. I'm going for a 6-channel just for my fronts in my Tahoe.
Tri-amping.

Brandonb

DJ TecThreat wrote:

[...]

Sanitarium

Are you looking to increase amplitude of the sound? Or spread it more
around the cabin interior? Ive heard this before about big SUVs... the
"hole" thats in the middle of the (BIG) dash.

If you want to increase amplitude then multiple drivers adjacent to each
other will accomplish that. If you want to spread the sounds around the
interior more then you might have to add speakers elsewhere (AC vents,
center console, atop the dash etc.)

I would suggest kick panel mounts, that should image nicely in a vehicle
that large.
I just bought a pair of image dynamics HLCDs... but can't possibly
recommend them until I finish setting them up in my accord beater. See
page 3 of my sounddomain page.

http://members.sounddomain.com/kramer5150

Garrett

DJ TecThreat wrote:

[...]

DJ TecThreat

i need more volume... the subs over-power the mids and highs.... i turn them
down but find my self pushing the volume more.. when i turn it up half way
with the windows down and get out i can barely hear the music... just feel
the bass. i want to be able to hear this system (not feel it) from a block
away.

DJ TecThreat

DJ TecThreat wrote:

[...]

DJ TecThreat

"i want to be able to hear this system (not feel it)"

Correction
I want to be able to hear this system (and* feel it)

Tony Fernandes

I have to agree with Sanitarium here. I suggest you go with kick panels. I
had really good luck in my Explorer with kicks & a tri-amped 3-way component
set. No reason you can't put tweeters & mids in the kicks and 6.5s or 8s in
the doors. I personally have never been a fan of duplicate speakers. Less
is more.

Tony

jb

i gots a set of perfect 6.5's and a set of kappa 50.2's in the front
"DJ TecThreat" beaniATcharter.net wrote in message
[...]

Bose 901 Review William Sommerwerck General 149 January 8th 05 05:49 PM
Outdoor Speakers MarkW General 1 May 19th 04 05:42 PM
97 Cavalier Speakers Upgrade? Max Holubitsky Car Audio 14 September 18th 03 08:41 PM
Infinity Speakers 5.25" QUESTION! Help Please Marc Car Audio 2 July 24th 03 11:23 PM
Remote speakers? L-pads? Totally confused! Hogarth General 3 July 3rd 03 02:06 PM