Rob Kos

Default Infinity Modulus Subwoofer Problem

I have a problem with my 10 yr old Infinity Modulus Subwoofer. It has
lately started sounding like it is feeding back. It is a midrange
sound, not a bass rumble. When you touch the speaker itself, it sounds
as if the speaker has become microphonic. If you touch the speaker
with just a little bit of pressure, it stops.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.
Bascom King

I sounds like the accelerometer and/or it's mount under the dustcap on the
woofer has changed it't characteristics. You might need a new woofer to
fix this. Less likely is that some component in the servo electronics
has changed causing the system high frequency stability to change.

Have you contacted Infinity about service on this matter?

Best regards,
Bascom H. King

--
Best regards,