Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Better Than ABX?

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

What you don't seem to understand Jenn, is that things
like level matching, time synching, and bias controls
actually enhance the use of the ears.

Time synching: I disagree. The purpose of that seems to
eliminate the subject of a test knowing when the switch
happens. Am I wrong here?

Yes Jenn, you are as usual, completely and totally wrong.

And as usual, you can't comment without snot.

The purpose of time synching is to make it as easy as possible to compare,
and to avoid false positives due to hearing the lack of synchronization.

Isn't that basically what I said? In the case of time synching, aren't
the false positives due to hearing the lack of synchronization caused
because the subject hears the switch?

If the two pieces of music being compared aren't synchonized well enough,
small differences will be masked by the larger differences due to time
displacement.

If the two pieces of music being compared aren't synchonized well enough, I
can always identify them in a DBT, even if they are otherwise identical.

Right, you can identify them because you "know when the switch happens"
which is what I said.

Level matching: I agree.

Congratulations Jenn, you actually got something right!

Congratulations Arny, you remain true to form!

Remember that
level-matching extends naturally to matching frequency response.

Bias controls: I'm about to write a bit about that.

I'm sure that you'll get that all wrong, too. But, give it a shot!

I'm sure that you'll disagree if for no other reason that I write it.

But again: at the end of the day, simple listening with
discernment for what sounds best to you is most important.

An important issue that many golden ears want to ignore - if you can't tell
the difference by means of just sound quality, then any differences in your
preferences are irrelevant to the issue of sound quality.

Could you provide an actual example of this?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent old
man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

No Jenn, when it comes to modern audio technology, your cup is always half
empty.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent old
man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

No Jenn, when it comes to modern audio technology, your cup is always half
empty.

Please forgive me for listening to what sounds best to me.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

What you don't seem to understand Jenn, is that things
like level matching, time synching, and bias controls
actually enhance the use of the ears.

Time synching: I disagree. The purpose of that seems
to eliminate the subject of a test knowing when the
switch happens. Am I wrong here?

Yes Jenn, you are as usual, completely and totally wrong.

And as usual, you can't comment without snot.

The purpose of time synching is to make it as easy as
possible to compare, and to avoid false positives due to
hearing the lack of synchronization.

Isn't that basically what I said?

Not at all.

In the case of time
synching, aren't the false positives due to hearing the
lack of synchronization caused because the subject hears
the switch?

Not necessarily.

Get this idea out of your head that hearing the switch is a problem. As long
as there is nothing distinctive about the switch-over hearing it is just
fine.

If the two pieces of music being compared aren't
synchonized well enough, small differences will be
masked by the larger differences due to time
displacement.

No response from Jenn. This very important point is completely flying over
Jenn's head because if she admits that it exists then she has to admit that
I've raised a different issue than the one that is her current hot button.

If the two pieces of music being compared aren't
synchonized well enough, I can always identify them in a
DBT, even if they are otherwise identical.

Right, you can identify them because you "know when the
switch happens" which is what I said.

Wrong Jenn. Knowing when the switch happens isn't a problem. Knowing the
details of what the switch involved is a problem.

Level matching: I agree.

Congratulations Jenn, you actually got something right!

Congratulations Arny, you remain true to form!

The problem is Jenn that you don't realize how focussed you are on your own
issues.

Remember that
level-matching extends naturally to matching frequency
response.

Bias controls: I'm about to write a bit about that.

I'm sure that you'll get that all wrong, too. But, give
it a shot!

I'm sure that you'll disagree if for no other reason that
I write it.

Slough of the issue noted.

But again: at the end of the day, simple listening with
discernment for what sounds best to you is most
important.

An important issue that many golden ears want to ignore
- if you can't tell the difference by means of just
sound quality, then any differences in your preferences
are irrelevant to the issue of sound quality.

Could you provide an actual example of this?

All of the golden ear ranting and raving about CD players and power amps
that sound "mind-blowingly different". As

I said before, I strongly suspect that were good DBTs of turntables to be
done, a lot of people would feel like giant fools for the money they blew on
their last big investment. Much of what they hear is related to the
limitations of the medium, not differences in SQ related to various
turntables.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

But it takes lots of time and money to organize and
conduct, especially if one hires (as they should) an
outside research organization to help with the
planning, logistics, and statistical evaluation.

Thus Harry proposes the use of money to cover up for
his personal lack of technical ability. Remember that
Harry has claimed to have expertise in consumer
testing.

You're over reacting. Long gone are the days when a
single person could make new discoveries. Today's
science is a cross-discipline of many professional
fields.

Non sequitor.

Perhaps if you didn't spend the better part of 13 business
weeks worth of posting a year on USEnet you'd have
time for a really fulfilling life. Is this really IT
(Christian) for you, Arny?

In one research grant study my department hired a full
time PhD in statistics for two years just to write
survey questions and analyze responses.

Meaningless unless you identify your university and
department so that we can confirm it.

Oh, I see, because you regularly malign the truth you
assume everyone does the same.

Knock yourself out. Perhaps you've heard of one or
the another.
Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center, Dearborn, Michigan.
http://www.oakwood.org/?id=697&sid=1&SiteCode=01

Major Grant Provider: W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Battle
Creek, Michigan
http://www.wkkf.org/Default.aspx?LanguageID=0

Answer so generalized as to be totally meaningless.

I think he was saying, generally, that you are insane.

Arns Krueger (n. Vulgar): an insane asshole who is addicted to
harassing Normal people's preferences on the Usenet

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent
old man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

No Jenn, when it comes to modern audio technology, your
cup is always half empty.

Please forgive me for listening to what sounds best to me.

Resistance to education about what sounds best in general, noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

ScottW wrote:

I see Classic Records has delayed release of Aqualung until Jan 10.
They were kind of advertising this as a nice stocking stuffer so
I'm bummed

I have the MFSL version which I like a great deal. Have you heard it?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:

Remember what Mark Twain said about older women, and think about Tony
Randall.

Is this your 'secret' to successful masturbation, Arns?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent
old man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

No Jenn, when it comes to modern audio technology, your
cup is always half empty.

Please forgive me for listening to what sounds best to me.

Resistance to education about what sounds best in general, noted.

Ah! We get to the gist of the matter at last. Given that my model for
good audio is the sound of live acoustic music, and given that I'm so
familiar with that model, what "education" could possibly change how I
feel about what sounds best to me? And consider the alternative to me
simply listening to what sounds best to me: I concede that "modern
audio technology" is better and I start listen exclusively to sounds
WORSE to me. What have I gained?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:

Resistance to education about what sounds best in general, noted.

Denial of your insanity noted.

Arns Krueger (n. Vulgar): an insane asshole who is addicted to
harassing Normal people's preferences on the Usenet

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

Ah! We get to the gist of the matter at last. Given
that my model for good audio is the sound of live
acoustic music

It's not a given, especially given your preference for music with audible
noise and distortion added.

I find it intriguing that you have found live venues that produce the
acoustical equivalents of grain noise, rumble, flutter and wow, tracing
distortion, goove pre- and post-echo, etc.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Shhhh! said:

Answer so generalized as to be totally meaningless.

I think he was saying, generally, that you are insane.

He might have been saying that Krooger is a disgusting turd.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg is on the rag again.

I find it intriguing that you have found live venues that produce the
acoustical equivalents of grain noise, rumble, flutter and wow, tracing
distortion, goove pre- and post-echo, etc.

That's nothing. It's a miracle of otherwordly technology that a cyborg
that is composed of 96% pure feces is able to use a computer and operate a
minivan.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article . com,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

Remember what Mark Twain said about older women, and think about Tony
Randall.

Is this your 'secret' to successful masturbation, Arns?

Ask him if it works using Ben Franklin and Anthony Quinn.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Arny Krueger a scris:

No Jenn, when it comes to modern audio technology, your cup is always half
empty.

"at least" your toilet is always full.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

Ah! We get to the gist of the matter at last. Given
that my model for good audio is the sound of live
acoustic music

It's not a given, especially given your preference for music with audible
noise and distortion added.

I find it intriguing that you have found live venues that produce the
acoustical equivalents of grain noise, rumble, flutter and wow, tracing
distortion, goove pre- and post-echo, etc.

While I find it intriguing (in a sick, insane way) that you think of
Tony Randall while you masturbate...

Arns Krueger (n. Vulgar): an insane asshole who is addicted to
harassing Normal people's preferences on the Usenet

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

No Jenn, when it comes to modern audio technology, your cup is always half
empty.

"at least" your toilet is always full.

What do you mean? Is Arnii on a diet?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com
Arny Krueger wrote:

ABX tests have often been used to debunk "high
resolution" audio formats and show that CD audio format
is sonically transparent. The vast majority of consumers
have agreed with their dollars.

Krueger says:

ABX tests have often been used to debunk "high
resolution" audio formats and show that CD audio format
is sonically transparent. The vast majority of consumers
have agreed with their dollars.

We already know that your "tests" have "It all souns the
same" outcome.

You are either ignorant or lying. As has been shown many times, ABX tests
are sensitive tests for audible differences when audible differences
actually exist.

What you have not proved is that your "test" helps
listeners to recognise differences.between audio
components reproducing music.

Sure I have. All of the power amplifier PCABX listening tests referenced by
this page have positive outcomes:

http://www.pcabx.com/product/amplifiers/index.htm

============================

Krueger has "proofs":

Sure I have. All of the power amplifier PCABX listening tests referenced by
this page have positive outcomes:

http://www.pcabx.com/product/amplifiers/index.htm

Why don't you submit your joke web pages to the judgement of the JAES
editors and see wher you get off,
When I say "joke" I mean it. Number of panelists?: from 12 to 1.
Protocol ( how many "hits" is enough to constitute a result.? , control
groups ( no change between A and B). etc. You have no clue how to set
up a proper statistically significant listening test. I'm too bored to
look for my previous detailed survey of your "research".- not unless
you insist.

You're a quack Krueger.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

ScottW wrote:

I see Classic Records has delayed release of Aqualung until Jan 10.
They were kind of advertising this as a nice stocking stuffer so
I'm bummed

I have the MFSL version which I like a great deal. Have you heard it?

Nope. Are you going to bundle that up with your V15 in my xmas
stocking?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

George M. Middius wrote:
Jenn said:

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent old
man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

Arnii has dragged you down into the mud with him.

Inevitable, He is a market barker who does not hesitate inventing
nonexistent writings, idiotically confident that no one will check,
When caught what has he got left but personal insults about Jenn's age,
my age, my English and so on.

He really does not deserve any rational polemic. In the midst of an
argument he'll bring up a lie, a complete fabrication. Normals can not
cope with that..
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

" said:

Arnii has dragged you down into the mud with him.

Inevitable, He is a market barker who does not hesitate inventing
nonexistent writings, idiotically confident that no one will check,
When caught what has he got left but personal insults about Jenn's age,
my age, my English and so on.

He really does not deserve any rational polemic. In the midst of an
argument he'll bring up a lie, a complete fabrication. Normals can not
cope with that..

So far, I have never seen evidence of anyone being influenced by his
ABX-babbling when it comes to evaluating and purchasing domestic audio
gear.

The few (wanna-be) audio borgs that parrot his party line, either
never did a DBT/ABX test themselves for this purpose, or tacitly
admitted to owning expensive "snake oil" audio components themselves.

No amount of "...but the Krell sounded exactly the same than that
cheap Yamaha!" will change that.

--
- Ever seen someone with 5.1 ears? So, what does that tell you? -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

Ah! We get to the gist of the matter at last. Given
that my model for good audio is the sound of live
acoustic music

It's not a given, especially given your preference for music with audible
noise and distortion added.

Yes, it's a given.

I find it intriguing that you have found live venues that produce the
acoustical equivalents of grain noise, rumble, flutter and wow, tracing
distortion, goove pre- and post-echo, etc.

I find it interesting that you evidently have no model for good sound at
all.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net
wrote:

Jenn said:

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent old
man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

Arnii has dragged you down into the mud with him.

There's method to the madness. It probably won't work, but hope springs
and all....
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article om,
" wrote:

George M. Middius wrote:
Jenn said:

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent old
man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

Arnii has dragged you down into the mud with him.

Inevitable, He is a market barker who does not hesitate inventing
nonexistent writings, idiotically confident that no one will check,
When caught what has he got left but personal insults about Jenn's age,
my age, my English and so on.

Especially interesting as he's older than I (as if that's some kind of
insult), and he mangles the English language more than anybody here.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

[...]

LoT"s to answer here and it shall be later this afternoon. I have to go
now and convince myself that Arny is right and I should listen to
something that sounds inferior to me.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

Ah! We get to the gist of the matter at last. Given
that my model for good audio is the sound of live
acoustic music

It's not a given, especially given your preference for
music with audible noise and distortion added.

Yes, it's a given.

OK, on Planet Jenn, it is a given.

I find it intriguing that you have found live venues
that produce the acoustical equivalents of grain noise,
rumble, flutter and wow, tracing distortion, goove pre-
and post-echo, etc.

I find it interesting that you evidently have no model
for good sound at all.

Delusions of omniscience noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Sander deWaal wrote:
" said:

[...]

If you're going to quote me Sander... you think you could take the
trouble
to do it accurately?

Once again you've shown your anti-Arny fetish has caused you to
slander and disrespect my position which, though Arny has made you
too blind to see,
is very much closer to Harry's than Arny's.
I'll thank you not to misquote nor misrepresent me again.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
ps.com
George M. Middius wrote:
Jenn said:

LOL Oh how "fun"! Too bad you're such an impotent
old man.

Yet another silly fantasy of yours Jenn.

As is yours about me being a "bitter old woman".

Arnii has dragged you down into the mud with him.

Inevitable, He is a market barker who does not hesitate
inventing nonexistent writings, idiotically confident
that no one will check,

Tell you what Mirabel, I'm sure I can find one of my JAES articles but it
will take some work. Make it worth my trouble! Wanna bet me $50 (John
Atkinson holding the bets) that I have never written an article that was
printed in the JAES?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Arnii has dragged you down into the mud with him.

There's method to the madness. It probably won't work, but hope springs
and all....

I hope your goal isn't to jolt Turdborg into an epiphany of
self-awareness....

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"ScottW" said:

The few (wanna-be) audio borgs that parrot his party line, either
never did a DBT/ABX test themselves for this purpose, or tacitly
admitted to owning expensive "snake oil" audio components themselves.

No amount of "...but the Krell sounded exactly the same than that
cheap Yamaha!" will change that.

If you're going to quote me Sander... you think you could take the
trouble
to do it accurately?

Actually, I was thinking of Stewart Pinkerton.
I don't recall you ever saying something like in the above.
Let alone that I think of you as an audio borg (unless you sold your
Quads) ;-)

Come to think of it, Pinkerton didn't compare his Krell to a Yamaha,
either.
It was a Parasound, IIRC.

--
- Ever seen someone with 5.1 ears? So, what does that tell you? -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

So far, I have never seen evidence of anyone being
influenced by his ABX-babbling when it comes to
evaluating and purchasing domestic audio gear.

Given the irrational circles you seem to travel in Sander, I take that as a
complement.

The few (wanna-be) audio borgs that parrot his party
line, either never did a DBT/ABX test themselves for this
purpose,

In fact what seems to happen is that people participate in ABX tests of
audio components that they have an interest in, but may not intend to buy at
the moment. They obtain useful information about the true extent of audible
differences between good power amps which are typically vanishing. This
informs their future choices.

or tacitly admitted to owning expensive "snake oil" audio components
themselves.

Facts, please.

No amount of "...but the Krell sounded exactly the same
than that cheap Yamaha!" will change that.

Letsee, that must have been Scottw's Krell KSA 150 versus his Yamaha M-50.
But I don't see where he did an ABX test.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" said:

So far, I have never seen evidence of anyone being
influenced by his ABX-babbling when it comes to
evaluating and purchasing domestic audio gear.

Given the irrational circles you seem to travel in Sander, I take that as a
complement.

A complement of what?

The few (wanna-be) audio borgs that parrot his party
line, either never did a DBT/ABX test themselves for this
purpose,

In fact what seems to happen is that people participate in ABX tests of
audio components that they have an interest in, but may not intend to buy at
the moment. They obtain useful information about the true extent of audible
differences between good power amps which are typically vanishing. This
informs their future choices.

That doesn't invalidate what I wrote above.

Oh, and facts, please.
Who, when, what kinds of amps, how many trials, how many listeners?

or tacitly admitted to owning expensive "snake oil" audio components
themselves.

Facts, please.

Stewart Pinkerton: a Krell, and several other analogue stuff.
You: a Conrad Johnson tube preamplifier.
Stuart Krivis admitted to owning some expensive stuff, IIRC.
He admitted he never did an ABX test.
Vlad, Mike McKelvy, Dizzy: never did ABX tests for the purpose of
buying domestic audio components.
There are more, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Heck, even I did single blind tests to compare capacitors.
That would place me way up the science scale, wouldn't it? ;-)

No amount of "...but the Krell sounded exactly the same
than that cheap Yamaha!" will change that.

Letsee, that must have been Scottw's Krell KSA 150 versus his Yamaha M-50.
But I don't see where he did an ABX test.

Already corrected in my post to Scott: I meant Pinkerton, and the
Yamaha was a Parasound.
Scott isn't a borg, not even a wannabe, and he doesn't parrot you.

But I would be surprised if Pinkerton did ABX the 2 amps, which would
only serve to weaken your case and strengthen mine.

I'll repeat it here, again:

The few (wanna-be) audio borgs that parrot his party
line, either never did a DBT/ABX test themselves for this
purpose,
or tacitly admitted to owning expensive "snake oil" audio components
themselves.

--
- Ever seen someone with 5.1 ears? So, what does that tell you? -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

ScottW wrote:

I see Classic Records has delayed release of Aqualung until Jan 10.
They were kind of advertising this as a nice stocking stuffer so
I'm bummed

I have the MFSL version which I like a great deal. Have you heard it?

Nope. Are you going to bundle that up with your V15 in my xmas
stocking?

No, I still listen to it. Just not with a V15. Besides, you only wanted
the current version, which mine are not...

BTW, the MFSL LP of CSN&Y Deja Vu is also stellar, as are Waiting for
Columbus by Little Feat, Katy Lied by Steely Dan (These are some of
those that sound better than any CD, IMO) and a few others that simply
shine. They're occasionally on eBay. The Little Feat can be had pretty
cheaply. The others are a little spendy.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn wrote:

Especially interesting as he's older than I (as if that's some kind of
insult), and he mangles the English language more than anybody here.

I'm sure he'll take that as a "complement."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default Arny's "Omniscicence", LoT;"S! ;-(

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" said:

Especially interesting as he's older than I (as if that's some kind of
insult), and he mangles the English language more than anybody here.

I'm sure he'll take that as a "complement."

SH*TR, considering the wierd circle's you seem to, travel in, LOt;"S!
SHIRT that would indeed be, the case RITSH. LOL ! ;-)

--
- Ever seen someone with 5.1 ears? So, what does that tell you? -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:

Tell you what Mirabel, I'm sure I can find one of my JAES articles but it
will take some work. Make it worth my trouble! Wanna bet me $50 (John
Atkinson holding the bets) that I have never written an article that was
printed in the JAES?

Arns makes a claim, then he wants to be paid to back it up.

Is he insane, or is he just a loser just a loser?

I vote for insane.

On another note, now we can assume that Arns will pay $50 any time he
asks someone for proof of something and it gets provided. I'm OK with
that, I guess, but Arns needs to put a rather large pile in escrow.

I'm hoping that he asks me to prove why I like something. Getting $50
to say "Because it is my preference" seems like a waste, but I'd never
tell old Arns how to spend his money like he tries to tell others how
to spend theirs...

Arns Krueger (n. Vulgar): an insane asshole who is addicted to
harassing Normal people's preferences on the Usenet

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

Ah! We get to the gist of the matter at last. Given
that my model for good audio is the sound of live
acoustic music

It's not a given, especially given your preference for
music with audible noise and distortion added.

Yes, it's a given.

OK, on Planet Jenn, it is a given.

I find it intriguing that you have found live venues
that produce the acoustical equivalents of grain noise,
rumble, flutter and wow, tracing distortion, goove pre-
and post-echo, etc.

I find it interesting that you evidently have no model
for good sound at all.

Delusions of omniscience noted.

Poor, bitter old man.:-(

Arns Krueger (n. Vulgar): an insane asshole who is addicted to
harassing Normal people's preferences on the Usenet

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" said:

So far, I have never seen evidence of anyone being
influenced by his ABX-babbling when it comes to
evaluating and purchasing domestic audio gear.

Given the irrational circles you seem to travel in
Sander, I take that as a complement.

A complement of what?

I guess I meant compliment.

The few (wanna-be) audio borgs that parrot his party
line, either never did a DBT/ABX test themselves for
this purpose,

In fact what seems to happen is that people participate
in ABX tests of audio components that they have an
interest in, but may not intend to buy at the moment.
They obtain useful information about the true extent of
audible differences between good power amps which are
typically vanishing. This informs their future choices.

That doesn't invalidate what I wrote above.

Did I say that it did? Nope.

Oh, and facts, please.
Who, when, what kinds of amps, how many trials, how many listeners?

Please see back issues of Stereo Review, Audio, and Sound and Vision.

or tacitly admitted to owning expensive "snake oil"
audio components themselves.

Facts, please.

Stewart Pinkerton: a Krell, and several other analogue
stuff.

Why is it snake oil?

You: a Conrad Johnson tube preamplifier.

Why is it snake oil?

Stuart Krivis admitted to owning some expensive stuff,
IIRC.

Sander are you so class-conscious that you think that all equipment that is
expensive is snake oil?

He admitted he never did an ABX test.
Vlad, Mike McKelvy, Dizzy: never did ABX tests for the
purpose of buying domestic audio components.

So what?

There are more, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Well then I'm too lazy to bother with this topic much more.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg is struttin' its stuff.

I take that as a complement.

Arnii! What happened to Mrs. Krooborg?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.